Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/09/2007

I'm out of here.....

Ash had a great day today. She started by helping her mom vaccuum the apartment. It would seem that all that racing around in the stroller at all hours of the night has worn some permanent grooves into the carpet. So Ash sat up on Trish's hip and helpd her mom try to vaccuum the grooves away. At one point Ash managed to pull her ostomy bag off and grab a hold of her intestines. I guess she thougth it was kind of cool to play with. I have never played with my intestine so I don't know just how fun it might be. She had herself bleeding and had, let us just call it ostomy output, spread from head to toe. Trish was trying to hold her hands away from it while preparing a new ostomy bag. She was holding one of Ash's hands down with one elbow and holding a Gherkin leg down with the other elbow while trying to use the scissors to cut the wafer that surrounds the ostomy. That girl can do it all. I look forward to being there to help out with these sorts of things.

I am all packed up and heading to Dallas to catch a flight first thing in the morning so I will sign off for now.

I'M OUT OF HERE.....

DAVE

9 Comments:

At 7:54 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Travel safely and have a wonderful weekend together! Hope there are no more ostomy adventures, lol :)

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Staci Barham said...

Dave,
Hope you have a wonderful trip !! We are praying nonstop for Ashley. Give that Gherkin lots of eskimo kisees and bear hugs from the Barham girls...we were at Dairy Queen in White Oak tonight for their T-ball meeting and they yelled out loud "Mama there is Baby Ashley"...it was one of the boxes to drop donations in. They just love Ashley!! Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy early Anniversary to you both.

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Oh, it's so wonderful to hear how well Ashley is doing! I'm so glad they are in their apartment. Have a great time together this weekend!

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Praying for a safe trip and a wonderful weekend together with the three of you! Let me know if Trish needs any "precut" bags for those kind of messes-I can fix you up! :) Give Ashley lots of kisses on those cheeks for me!

 
At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying you have a safe trip...& a great visit with your girls. (= Give them hugs from us in Texas. (= Praying....

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Oh my goodness. that doesn't sound to good.
I pray shes doing ok, and for you to have a safe trip.

 
At 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave-
Have a wonderful trip and get some good, quality time with your girls! Hopefully, another ostomy adventure like that won't happen. I can only imagine the mess! I am still chuckling! I am glad Ash is doing so well.

Praying for every member of the Adams family as usual!

Shari

Eugene, Oregon

 
At 6:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant experience, it sure made for good blog fodder (I can picture it all going down). LOL.

Praying today for safe travels, that the extra hands are a blessing, and that your Allie and Blake are well taken care of.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Wow, I can say that is terrible but after the fact is kinda funny... Babies get into everything and Ashley is no different in that respect.

Good luck with everything I hope your little Gherkin is A.O.K and keeps everything where it should be... oh and plays with toys and not things better left for God to touch lol.

Prayers for you and yours and that you have a safe trip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home