Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/06/2007

Their first night....

I am sorry for the late post. I thought would walk into my office this morning, give Trish a call and get updated, then sit and post. Things don't always go as planned. At one point I had Trish on a cell phone on my left ear, another call on a cell phone on my right ear and the office phone was ringing. I will try to find a time in the schedule to update regularly, but it just may not end up being as regular as Trish was.

We have found a crib that lives just 10 minuets from our apartment. We have made arrangements for Ash to use it. Thanks to all who have offered.

Now, about the girls. So far things have been going very well. The girls got settled in the apartment last night. Ash was sitting up (by herself) banging on a toy drum in the middle of the living room floor. At one point she was even laying on the floor on her tummy. This is something that we have not been able to get her to do in the hospital. She is laughing out loud and smiling ear to ear showing off her teeth. I believe God has answered all of our prayers by giving them a good first night out of the hospital. Trish said "I only had to call the hospital one time so far. I didn't know how much of a med to give. I am good at English, not Math." She wanted me to be sure to let you know that it is after 11:00 am and she is still in her jammies. She also said she is so happy because she has been doing laundry all night for FREE. (at the hospital it was $3 per load) We are not under any delusions and we know things could change at any moment (chemo leaves no immune system) however for the time being we are enjoying the Daisies and Rainbows.

DAVE

13 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Im so glad to hear that they had a great first night. I pray that there will be lots of those great nights to come.

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Krista said...

I have been at home with a very sick little one and catching up! I AM SO EXCITED THEY ARE HOME! Sounds like Ashley is happy too--she just wanted some light and a different enviornment! Glad to hear they are doing well! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Glad to hear things are going great

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Hey glad to hear they had a great first night and pray for many more.

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

long may the daisies and rainbows last! :)

 
At 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am getting all caught up on the last few days. Forgive me for being MIA.

I am SO happy you were able to leave and get to your apartment without incident. In Dave's blog it sounds like she was one happy camper. I just wonder if her constant fussy was the fact she was always in that room and hadn't left for so long besides not feeling well, etc. She is so precious. I just want to pinch those cheeks!

And Yay! Tarheels! Way to go Blake.

God is so good to us! He loves us so much and has given us the avenue of prayer so we can communicate with Him. It's just so awesome to me that He sent His son to die for us! All of us! I am in awe daily over what God has done in precious Ashley's life and the life of her little family.

Know I am continuing to pray for you and loving you from afar!

Shari

Eugene, Oregon

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I've been out of the loop since our internet usage has changed, but still praying. How excited I was to see that Ashley was discharged. Praying that she will be able to stay "home" at the apartment.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Karen said...

That sounds wonderful!! I have to believe that a "home" environment will do wonders for both the girls outlooks on life!!

 
At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful news that the first night went well!!! So great to hear that Ashley is playing and smiling. I know Daddy must be ecstatic to hear such great news!! Will keep those prayers coming!!! Love you all, Matt and Cindy Adams

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Oh praise God for answering our prayers! How exciting to see Ashley enjoying life at home with her mommy. And YEAH! for Trish staying in her pj's! There is something so psychologically healing about staying in your pj's. Still praying that Texas is not far off.

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Yippee!!

Lavish in HOME girls!!!!
They always ALWAYS do better at HOME!!!

Gwen

 
At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soo glad!! Ashley sounds so happy!! Will be praying seriously about her little immune system, that she won't catch any winter/spring bugs. How sweet it must feel to be in a bed without beeping and voices (even though I'm sure you had blocked them), at all hours of the day and night. Get rested and enjoy your time out of the hospital. God bless you both tonight! Colleen

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Yay!! I am so glad to hear that the first night went well. Praying for God to protect Ashley from infections. Thanks for keeping us updated!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home