Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/07/2007

Some days are harder.

Some days are harder than others. Today proved to be one of those days. I got up way to early and I am sitting down for the first time way to late. Today has been one of those days that I have been reminded that God's design is for a mother and a father to share responsibilities. When I was tucking my 9 year old to bed I asked her if she could drive herself to school tomorrow so I could sleep in she just shook her head no. I asked my 11 year old the same question and he said he could but he didn't think it was suck a good idea. Then he told me that he didn't think my insurance company would like it. He is now practicing his recorder as I type and I think I must be getting a taste of what my parents went through when I decided I wanted to learn to play the trombone back in the sixth grade. He has been blessed with the same musical talent of his dad. Absolutely none. I am doing my best to encourage him and tell him how good it sounds. He is now blaring on the recorder and singing. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Trish called just a bit ago and said listen to this. The next thing I heard was Ash laughing. Trish said she is laying across her lap with her eyes closed laughing at absolutely nothing. If she lays her down she cries, but as long as she is holding her she is laughing out loud. I love that little Gherkin and can't wait to head to Omaha and see her. Not a lot to this post, just kind of rambling tonight.

Goodnight,

DAVE

7 Comments:

At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, I know you are so very tired. I'm praying you get a good night's rest. Praying also that Trish and Ash rest well. It's so great to hear about Ashley laughing - can't wait to hear her myself. I'ts been months since I heard her do that. What a blessing, even though Trish has to hold her so much for it to happen. Do you think maybe she's just a little spoiled? Nah, perish the thought, right? Ha Ha If she's not now, she will be by the time we all get our chance with her anyway. We love that little Gherkin so much!!! Good night - sleep tight. Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 10:04 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

I pray all goes well for your trip here this weekend. And, I really hope that you get to see Ash doing that very thing this weekend!! It has to feel good to hear her laugh knowing what she's going through. What a blessing!!!!

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Dave, we are praying for you and Trish. Praying that your family will be back together soon. Have a safe trip!

 
At 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you get to go out and see Ashley...and her momma too. Happy to hear that she is laughing even if you have to hold her all the time. I'm sure you would take any laughing over her being constantly miserable. Hang in there girls, your Knight is flying in LOL. Sweet dreams, Colleen

 
At 11:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, David. I'm sorry today was so rough, and a lot of days lately. You two need some real rest! I will pray you get it somehow, soon. I'm so glad to hear you get to go visit this weekend. Are the kids going to? I love you and I'm praying for all of you. Good night.

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Ashley laughing, that must do your hearts well! :)
I hope you get some decent rest.

 
At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(praying)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home