Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/17/2007

Not quite Home, but getting closer

We did not make it into Dallas tonight but we have arrived in Oklahoma City. All of our family lives here but the sad thing is that they all either have cats or birds and so we could not take our little one to their homes. Instead we have opted for a new hotel room to allow our sweet Ashley to stretch out and get a little rest. We will be heading toward Dallas in the morning around 7:00 and will start toward Longview on Sunday. Today has been unreal. I had several, several quiet hours in the car to think, to pray, to enjoy. It just doesn't seem real to me. My Ashley is not in the PICU. She is in a car seat! Can you believe it?

Ash did very well on the drive. She hardly made a sound. We made a stop every hour to hour and a half in order to keep her clean and dry. She is very suseptable to UTIs because of her suppressed immune system so we can not afford to allow her to sit in a wet diaper for more than a few minutes. The stops stretched our trip a little longer than I had planned, but I really didn't mind. Each time I got her out to change her I would allow her to sit up in my seat behind the steering wheel. She was so cute as she would grab a hold of it and give it a go. She was so happy and grinning the whole time. I wish you could have seen her. She had a diet coke next to her and a car full of all her things. I promise to get a pictuer of her "driving home" tomorrow and I will try to get it posted for you to see. She just looks so good!

All I can say is that I am blessed. My life is so sweet and tomorrow it will become a little sweeter as I get to see my Blake and my Allison. I am so excited I may not be able to sleep! Blake is playing ball in Dallas tomorrow and Dave has promised to take care of Ash so that I might see my son play for the first time in more than 6 months. I can't wait!

Ash and Nan are upstairs sleeping and I suppose I should go join them if I am going to wake with my 6:00a.m. call. It just doesn't seem real to me that we are on the road toward home. Who knew what amazing things the Father had in store for us this week? I am just a lucky girl! Good night from OKC,OK (not Omaha!!!). Trish

14 Comments:

At 1:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I am so glad to know you made it safely to OKC. I am sad you could'nt stay here,but I completely understand. I would hate to be responsible for any thing ugly to happen to Ash. Please stay safe on the rest of your journey home and enjoy a day in the sunshine watching your favorite baseball player!!!

I love you both so much and continue to pray for you ALL.

Toni

 
At 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You, Lord, for safe travel this far to Oklahoma City. We trust You for continued safety and traveling mercies on to Dallas and then HOME in Longview on Sunday.
Right now, Lord, praying for restful sleep for Ashley, Trish and Nan so they will be refreshed for the next leg of their journey. You are so awesome, God and we just praise Your holy name for Your goodness. Thank You for revealing Yourself in such a way to allow Ashley to be out of the hospital, out of the apartment and into the car on her way home. Praise You, Father.

 
At 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't think it's too early, to say:

Welcome Home Ashley and Trish!!!!!!!

I hope the rest of your drive going just as smooth as the first, and you will be in my prayers, as always!!

-Amy B (from dallas, well carrollton)

 
At 5:47 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Im glad to hear the trip is going well so far. Good luck with the drive today, and enjoy your sons ball game. Im praying for another wonderful day for your family as you are all reunited.

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Good morning,

So glad that yesterdays travels were uneventful. What a great weekend you have to look forward to! Seeing Blake play after this long, how wonderful! Have a great trip today! Our prayers go with you. Love and hugs!

 
At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy to hear she is traveling well. another big blessing!!! praying you make it safely home...

 
At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying, dear Trish.
I am SO excited for all of you!
I do hope all is going well. :)

 
At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

today's scripture says:
“ The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.” (Psalm 23:1-3)
I am praying that you will have a safe trip beside quiet waters, and that he would restore your soul tomarrow as you watch Blake play. we are so excited that you are returning to Texas and we hope all will continue to go smoothly. Blessings,
Laura and Rachel Roller in KC.

GO TARHEELS!

 
At 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and ashley!

 
At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God speed you home...

 
At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you & wishing you safe travels! Praise You God for all You've done for Ashley...You are an awesome God:) Hope you all rest well tonight...Colleen

 
At 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-I am anxious to hear how the rest of the journey went and how Blake played ball today! I am sure it was a busy one and you are tired and ready for sleep now. I am so happy this is happening for you! Our God is so good!

Love,

Shari

 
At 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you will continue with her story each day?

 
At 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure Dave and Trish will continue with the story! They are probably enjoying one another tonight and are busy hugging the kids and rejoicing that sweet Ashley is home. Give them time. I am sure an update is on the way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home