Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/29/2007

Thr craziness is getting more crazy

When Ash and Trish were in Omaha I often pictured what it would be like when they got home. I pictured us sitting around in our living room watching Blake and Allie playing on the floor. I pictured a relaxing enjoyable time. This is not the case. We have not yet had a time together. She has been home almost 2 weeks now and I don't think I have seen her or held her more than a half dozen times. Don't get me wring, I am so extremely very thankful they are back in TX, but I am really looking forward to a time when the house is put back in a livable condition and we can all be together. But for now I will spend my days working and my evenings trying to build some bathrooms.

Trish to Ash to Dallas today for some appointments and things got crazy before they ever started. The cancer people called me to tell me they had cancelled her appointment to try to make things easier on us. Problem was they didn't call to make our lives easier until after Trish and Ash were already half way to Dallas. They told us they didn't have any rooms available for Ash so just plan on coming for the day and leaving late tonight. Once Trish and Ash got over there they were not ready to give the treatment and yawdy dawdy doo one thing and another and now they want them to spin the night. Problem is Trish did not pack Ashley or herself for an overnight trip. Trish has not yet eaten today and she is beginning to hungry and grumpy. Have you ever been hungry and grumpy, it is not a good place to be.

On the upside of things. My brother-in-law is here and we are making forward progress on the bathrooms and since Ash has come home she seems to be progressing and looking better than she has in a very long time.

I must go build something now so I will talk again later.

DAVE

10 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Dave.....wish I knew someone really "handy" with building bathrooms but ....don't know any Bob Villia types ....more like Tim the Tool Man Taylor types...& you don't need that kind of help. LOL I can pray though....& have been that it will all come together. Sorry to Trish....that has to be frustrating. Praying.... (= S.S.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

So hard, Dave. You know that if it were possible, you'd have a whole crew of us out there getting the house in a liveable condition, speeding an overnight bag to Trish, and helping build bathrooms. I only wish there was more I could do from out here in California...

 
At 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying, Dave. Always.

 
At 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you. I know you all must be exhausted from the bathroom work and Trish being in Dallas overnight.

Wish we lived closer and we'd be right over to help out.

God bless,
Lori and family

 
At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave...this is Crystal Zimmerman from OHBC...my husband Christian does remodeling on the side and said he would be happy to help you for free. Just email me and I'll give you his # my email is crystal367@aol.com. Let me know if you need any help with anything else. God bless. Crystal

 
At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I cannot imagine how Trish & Ashley are feeling. So alone...I will pray that everything works out and they will meet with compassionate people who will speed them on their way. For Dave, strength and patience as you must be about taxed to the limit physically and emotionally. Prayers and thoughts always, COlleen

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Good grief, when are those people going to get it together??? You think they'd call BEFORE she'd started on the 2 1/2 hour trip!!

Okay, sorry, my ranting is probably not helpful. But I'm empathizing with you :-)

And hooray on bathroom progress!

 
At 1:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave-I know if we lived in that area of the U.S. my hubby would be right there helping you. Gee, I feel so helpless from here. I know you are completely exhausted and I pray your brother-in-law can help you make some great progress. And then on top of it the trouble with the cancer team calling AFTER they left. I pray Ashley got her treatment, things went well, and they are home safe. I love your family and I am still bringing you before the Throne daily!

Take care and hang in there!

Shari

 
At 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,

I just have to say YIPPEE, that Ashley is home. I saw the sign on the church as I was driving down Judson, and raced home to check your blog to read the latest. What fabulous news. We have been praying for you.

Gwen (from CHEC)

 
At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying in Alabama!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home