As I lay down next to my Ashley at 3:00 this morning I prayed that she might be allowed to just rest. To sleep so deeply that she not be nauseated and not wake up to vomit. I prayed and prayed for protection over her new organs and her little self as her body struggled to battle whatever had invaded. When I woke at 6:30 this morning I realized that she had not budged in over 3 hours. What a blessing! That had been the longest stretch without an episode of vomiting all day. I was so happy to see that she was resting. As I sent the kids off to school this morning I had hoped to lay back down next to her and catch a little "nap" before beginning the day, but she woke with a fury. She was so grumpy! Allie looked at me and said, "So much for going back to sleep."
To my surprise her grumpy attitude did not last too long. She was so tired she "grumped" her little self back to sleep. She has spent most of the day sleeping and as long as she is sleeping she is not nauseated. What an answer to prayer. I could see that she needed to sleep so badly and I am so thankful that she has been able to rest.
Tomorrow we will be in Dallas to see our team of doctors that took care of Ash pre-transplant. They will be managing her care here "locally". We were scheduled to be admitted to the oncology floor tomorrow afternoon for a 12 hour infusion, but they have called to tell us that they do not have an available bed for Ash. She has been bumped and we are now waiting for a call over the weekend once they have space for her. Last time we had chemo done in the treatment center and it was very difficult to manage Ashley's ostomy care in such a public room. There are little cubicles with recliners in them and the room is full of children receiving their infusions. We were excited about having a private room to take care of Ash with a crib in it during her 12 hour therapy. I am just praying that it will all work out. I just don't think we need to take Ash into the treatment center with this virus. We will be staying in Dallas for the weekend waiting for an available room for her treatment.
I appreciate your prayers for our little one today. I know that God is listening to them. She has not spiked a fever, she has not begun "stooling" out, and she is resting peacefully as her little body works on recovering. How wonderful it would be if her cultures came back showing nothing. Perhaps she could just have caught a little 24-48 hour bug? What a blessing that would be. Thanks for loving her today. Thanks for checking on her today. Thanks for caring so much. Take care. Trish