Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/25/2007

3...2...1...BLAST OFF!!!!

The day is almost here. Blake has been looking forward to tomorrow since he first found out he would be going to Christian Heritage School last summer. Tomorrow at 5:30am we (Dad and Blake and the rest of the 5th grade class at CHS) will be loading on a bus for the ride down to NASA. He is so excited. It makes me excited to see him and how happy he is. I don't look forward to waking up at 5 am but I do look forward to spending the next two days with my son. Trish just came in and informed me that she packed some "outfits" for me. What is she thinking. All the hard work she did at our house this weekend must have left her a little dehydrated because I am a man and I don't wear "outfits." Tonight when I got home from my seminar in Dallas I went to work ripping out the shower in our master bathroom. I am afraid that things went from bad to worse. I thought we had a minor problem in there but as it turned out the floor and sub floor was completely rotten. I think our move in time back to our house just got pushed back some more. I am still praying that we can find a contractor who would be willing to come in and help us get things back in order. I am not sure just when it happened, but I think my life is completely out of control.

After a long day of hotels, seminars, driving and tearing apart my house I finally got "home" to my parents house and got to see Ash around 9:30pm. She is looking so great to me. I am so proud of who she is and how strong she is. I took a few moments to lay down on my back with her laying on her belly on my chest. I just listened to her grunt and coo and was able to reflect on the incredible drive and determination to live that God has placed in that little soul. I can't begin to imagine how He plans to use her as she grows older. Thank you to each and every one of you who takes your time to check on Ashley and who faithfully prays for her. Please pray for our house and living situation as I think we are getting deeper and deeper at our house and still don't have enough help to get it done anytime soon.

God bless each of you,

DAVE

11 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Toni said...

Have a great time on your trip (in your "outfits", lol). Just checking on little Ashley and finding her surrounded by tons of love, just as I expected. Praying for all!
Blessings,
~Toni~

 
At 4:44 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Have fun on your trip with your s on. I pray you find that contractor who can help you with your house.

 
At 5:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(praying)

 
At 6:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoping the NASA trip is wonderful fun!! i know many of us would enjoy such a trip even if we're not in fifth grade anymore...haha! hope to hear about it.
also glad to hear Ash is doing well....and looking it! And glad she didnt' throw up on ya while she was lieing on your chest last night....that could have been a mess!! hehe!
Wishing i were a wonderful contractor so i could help ya out...but...umm....i'm sooo not! sorry! You would NOT want to hire me for THAT job...for sure!!! I will pray you find just the right person for the job soon!

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm praying that you find a contractor who can the job done quickly!

Have fun in your outfits at NASA--don't be too embarrassed; the astronauts wear outfits too, you know! :)

 
At 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so funny about your "outfits" my husband says the same thing! how funny. i did not know it was a man thing. lol praying for ashley's health as always...

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

I am here in Longview wishing I was a contractor! I will search my mind to see if I know of one. Enjoy NASA!

 
At 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you get to spend some time with Blake at this NASA event, Dave. I will continue to pray that you find a contractor to help you. God Bless!

Shari

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Wow! That's all I can say...Wow! I was just introduced to your Ashley's story last week, and I actually went back and read the entire thing from last September. It only took me a week.

Your family is amazing and God is SO good! Thanks for sharing your lives.

 
At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a contractor but I can tote refreshments or swing a hammer to tear something out. If I can help with something like that then please let me know. Glenda has all my numbers I can be reached at. As always, we're praying for the Adams family!

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Dave. So happy you will be able to spend time with your son. I am praying as always for Ashley. She is a sweetheart!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home