Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/21/2007

All but the Kitchen Sink

O.K. I have been consumed this evening with packing. I feel like I am going to leave something vital to Ash's care, or not take enough ostomy supplies, or run out of clothes and blankets due to the historical past events that Ash has had while receiving chemo. Come to think of it I may go in and pack an extra set of clothes for myself just in case( I'm not quite as cute as Dave is when it comes to modeling hospital gowns). I just hope that I have thought of everything. I have two complete diaper bags(the large ones) packed to the brims with meds, supplies, clothing, and blankets. I have yet to figure out where to fit her toys, books, and DVD player. The hours it takes to get her infusion are not fun so I try to bring enough to occupy her mind. Sometimes all she wants to do is be held, but sure enough if I fail to prepare I am gonna wish I had.

The last two nights I have spent the hour before bedtime playing some type of board game with the older kids, but tonight I had to get things together. I am feeling guilty because I didn't just hang out with them. I wish there were a couple of me on days like today(although I am quite SURE Dave is thankful that there is not!) I just had to get things ready for tomorrow's trip because I need to be on the road by 6:00a.m. Not only did I need to get Ash's things ready but I also wanted to make sure that Blake and Allie's things were together for school and practice too. Anyway, I hope to make it up to them this weekend while there Dad is gone at a conference. Maybe we can go find something fun to do together while Ash is resting up from her treatment. Perhaps we will just sit around and work a puzzle together and bake some of Blake's favorite chocolate chip cookies. Whatever we do I am looking forward to it. I just love being with those two.

I am praying that things go well for our little Ashley tomorrow. She seems to be a little more comfortable tonight. Her blisters are still hanging around, but they are not spreading and they do not seem to cause her any discomfort. While I type she and her daddy have fallen asleep while watching baby Einstein. I know she prefers a good ole episode of Blues Clues, but the child is becoming addicted to that little blue cartoon. She got a good, bubbly bath tonight and she smells delicious. I can smell that little pickle when I step into the room. I just love seeing her all comfy and cuddly in her daddy's arms. How good that must feel to her after being away from him for so long.

Tomorrow is a big day. New doctors, new people, new offices, new routine, new things all around. Of course it always makes me nervous to have to start "cold". I really became spoiled with our team and our nurses in Nebraska. It always felt as though I was there hanging out with friends. I am sure we will make new friends and the faces will soon become familiar to us, but tomorrow we will start over. Please pray for Ashley. I have come so dependant on your prayers and it just seems so odd for me not to ask. I hope you don't mind me asking now that we are home. I would truly appreciate them. I pray that you all rest well and wake to find the beauty that surrounds you. Take care and may God bless you and your families. Trish

15 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

PLEASE keep asking. It is an honor and a joy for us to pray for your family. I am reminded of how easy it is to take for granted "JUST HAVING THE FLU". I appreciate you, I hope I don't sound too cheesy when I say that. Ok...I know I am a total cheeseball. But I am a praying cheeseball...so there you go! :) Good luck tomorrow, blessings! Tam

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

Tomorrow will be one more door to open. The times we have left the hospital I am swept with absolute panic. Well, quite frankly, it is pure fear. The unknown slaps me in the face AGAIN. As much as I want to move on, come home, the drudge of hanging on to what is comfortable keeps tugging me in the opposite direction. Once we take the steps, a routine begins to develop. And, the faces become comfortable. Take a deep breath and just jump. You definately don't want to hang around in what was your comfort-your familiar. I'll be thinking about you.!
Gwen

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I'm more than happy to keep praying for Ashley and your family!

Best of luck with the new doctors and nurses. I'm sure they'll feel like old friends in no time!

Take care.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're taking the time to update and ask for prayers now that you're at home--it sounds like you've got your hands full!

I'll be praying for you, of course--and especially since you're basically in my backyard! I hope tomorrow goes even better than you've hoped for, and that you're home as soon as possible for that puzzle and cookies. :)

 
At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes...still praying....and honored to do so....
thank you for keeping us posted...
in Christ--

 
At 4:36 AM , Blogger Edith said...

Absolutely please keep asking - and updating. I know I want to continue to follow Ashley's story even now that she's home. Thank you for being so open, transparent and honest.

edith
www.photogal938.blogspot.com

 
At 5:07 AM , Blogger Carey said...

pray that your trip goes well, and you like all the new Drs. you meet. Have a safe trip.

 
At 5:15 AM , Blogger Paige said...

I am praying for Ashley today. I know that it will be a full of "new", but God will be present even then. Have a safe trip! Love and hugs!

 
At 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all to have a great day! Hope everything goes smoothly today. We'll be thinking of you.

God bless,
Lori

 
At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't even have to ask, you are in our prayers daily. I thought of you last night as I was holding my 7 year old while she fell asleep and I am so happy that you are getting to enjoy simple pleasures like that with your older two. My 11 year old asks about Ashley every day. She loved the picture of Ashley and her big brother. We will be praying that all goes well with the Dr. Let us hear from you as soon as you can.

Stacey in Georgia

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Someone Beautiful said...

We just prayed for you! My 2 yr old thinks baby Ash is cute. :)

 
At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family and I will not cease to pray for Ashley and her family! I hope to always know how the little lady is doing! What a blessing it is to be a prayer warrior for Ashley! ~Chandria~

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, you are so good to keep us all posted. And it sounds like you pack similarly to me!! You just never know what you will need and you certainly don't want to be unprepared!! I'm praying that today is a good day with many unexpected blessings to brighten the way! Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Mrs. C said...

Thank you for keeping us posted. Just the fact that you and Ashley are back home is an answer to many of my prayers since I first stumbled upon your site. I will be praying for you today again - specifically regarding the doctor's and the team that you will establish in Texas. God bless!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Trish, I too live in Longview. I have seen the signs about Ashley and heard about the benefit concert, but didn't know much more. Today, I was driving down Judson Rd and saw the sign at Oakland Heights welcoming Ashley home. Then I got online and was led to Sarah's In the Midst of It and then to here through her. I didn't realize you had a blog. And I'm glad to see. Now, I will be praying for little Ashley and your trips to Dallas. Isn't God funny leading me to this blog in that way (from Longview to Beth Moore's blog to Boo Mama's blog to Big Mama's blog to Sarah's In the Midst of It to your blog in Longview?) It's like a little reminder of Who's in control. After reading a few of your posts I want to say that you show an awesome love for God and your family. Welcome home and I'll be praying for your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home