Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/18/2007

Finally on our way HOME

We have just walked off of the ball field. Yes, I know that it is 10:30p.m., but when your a Tarheel these are the hours you keep. Our boys did a phenominal job today. We came up short by one run in the last inning in the championship game tonight. After battling through 4 games today our guys walked away as the runners up. What a blessing it was to have been here to watch them play. Our Blake did come through with a home run along with a few other of his team mates and I couldn't be prouder of the way he played the game. We are now loading up all of Ash's things and we are fixing to head on home to Longview. Well, Dave and Blake will go home to our house and all of us girls will go to my in-laws until our remodel is complete.

Ash still has the three blisters around her mic-key button, but I am feeling better after reading Gwens( sweet Ivey's mommy) comment. I am going to try the Mylanta around it first thing in the morning. I pray this will be a simple solution. Other than the blisters our Ashley Kate looks great. She is laughing, cooing, playing, and loving her life. I am so thrilled to have her back with her brother and sister. As I was watching Blake play ball during the first game this morning I turned around to see the most beautiful 9 year old girl walking toward me. My heart jumped with joy and I hugged and squeezed that young lady until she squirmed away from me. It felt so good to know that we would all be together again.


I am feeling a little overwhelmed when I think of all the "figuring things out" I have to do tomorrow, but underneath that feeling I only feel gratitude. I know that after a few days I will settle into the guest room and get some kind of a routine down for my Ashley. I will have to drop her labs off at the hospital in the morning and then I will begin to make all of her appointments for the week. All I know at this time is that she will see the pediatric oncologist at Children's Hospital in Dallas on Thursday morning and then she will get her chemotherapy. If she does well and is tolerating it then we will travel back home to Longview that evening.

Although we are feeling very tired at this point in our lives, we are more than grateful to find ourselves in this place at this time. What a long path it has been to get here. We are praying that our Ashley will thrive in her own environment and that this cancer will soon be a thing of the past for her. Dave and I are looking forward to raising all three of these amazing children to find their place and their purpose in this world. I believe that the Father has big plans for them and I want them to know how important they are to Him. What an exciting task that He has given to us. We are more than blessed.

Thank you all for your patience with us during this time. I know it is taking us a while to make it home to Longview, but once we get there I will post and update on a more regular basis. I so appreciate all of your prayers for us during this time. I know that you were brought into our lives and into Ashley's story not by chance but for a reason. You have all blessed me beyond words with your faithfullness and with your friendships. I do thank God for you. Good night and God bless you and your families. Trish

10 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO thrilled she is okay today. I have been praying and thinking of her all day. Yes, thanks to the wonderful mom who posted the possible solution for Ashley's blisters. That sure sounds like the same thing. Praying!

 
At 4:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for your days ahead and sweet Ashley's thriving life ahead!

Thanks for the updates!

Glad you are with your family again and you are home (by now, at 5 am?) Glad to hear Blake played well!

Hope you all have a great day!

 
At 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless today!
Praying...

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Have a safe journey home today. Im glad you had a great time at the ball games.
Im praying for you all today.

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Congratulations, Blake! What a fun weekend! Glad that your family could be together to celebrate this weekend.

Trish, I am still so overwhelmed with joy for you, Ashley and your family to be back together.(even if you are not in the same house) Praise God for answering our prayers!

We will cover your week in prayers as you adjust to new doctors, nurses and routines. I pray that Ashley will do well and you can return to Longview after her treatments. We will also pray for safe travels as you go between Longview and Dallas.

Hope you all have a great day! Love and hugs!

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Staci Barham said...

Trish,
I just got caught up on your journey home from Omaha...we have been in Dallas this weekend too for Basketball state games...Niki's team came in 3rd. We are soo proud of them.

I am so overwhelmed with joy for you and your family. I have been telling everyone all weekend Baby Ashley is coming home this weekend!!! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers as you take each day one at a time.

Way to go Tarheels!!! I'm sure you are so proud of Blake and his team.

Hope you have a wonderful day :)!!

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Still praying for for blessings to keep coming your familys way.

 
At 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing to see the fruit of all the payers. What an awesome GOD we serve....it is almost unreal that you guys are here. THANKS TO OUR CREATOR.....His timing....HIS plan is perfect. Praying for you as you adapt to being back & praying that GOD will put good medical staff in your path as you set the appointments in Dallas & locally. Also, with all the attention you will get as you are "back (= " praying that nobody will unintentionally get Ash sick....praying for GOD to keep her safe from infection. Have a wonderful time with your family....I am overflowing..with joy to know that you guys are together....that your here. GOD IS GOOD!!!!! (= Took the day off to enjoy my kids....so off we go to spend it together. Hugs...

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Trish, it's so wonderful to read of you doing "regular" activities with your precious family! What a blessing! Please don't apologize about your posts--we all love when you have the time to update us, but we are not at the top of your list of obligations or priorities. You just write when you can and know that we understand when you can't. Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-I am so happy and thrilled that you got to do some "normal" family activities this weekend. You are just so wonderful and I have definitely learned some lessons from your testimony as a Mommy and Wife.

Continuing to pray for Ashley that her little body remains protected from any infections or other harm!

I love you guys!

Shari

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home