Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/25/2007

Surrounded

This morning as I fixed Al's hair, ironed Blake's clothes, and changed Ash's diaper I suddenly realized that I was surrounded. Not by soldiers, the enemy, or an attack, but by the very things that bring me the most joy in my life. I am surrounded by:

My eleven year old's arms when he walks by and gives me a hug.

My nine year old's smile as she looks at me sitting across from her at the hair salon.

My sweet Ashley Kate's gaze as I tiptoe into the room to find that she has been awake and waiting on me to arrive.

My husband's fingers as he grabs hold of my hand to sleep.

My community of friend's who have welcomed us home.

My prayer warriors thanksgivings that have gone up to the throne of grace.

My beloved pine trees that line the streets of our home town.

My favorite flowers that have now opened up along the roadways to welcome the spring.

My everyday responsibilities that make up my life that I have had to let go of over the last six months. They are back and I am enjoying them all! Things like picking up toys, folding laundry, signing homework, studying spelling lists, running errands, and the like.

My blessings.

My Father's love.


I am so grateful to have found myself surrounded this morning. The house is quiet as Ashley naps and the family has gone off to church. I am now sitting here enjoying the realization that He has allowed me to become surrounded with all that He has for me and I welcome the feeling of knowing that there is no way out. What an amazing, incredible, wonderful life I have been given. Thank you Father for surrounding me !

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys today & everyday....as do my children. Good luck on the remodel. Again, let us know what way we can be a help if any. We are willing. (= Blessings.... Praising God that your here & Ash is doing well despite all odds & all she is enduring with Chemo.....GOD IS GOOD. (= Have a wonderful day.

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Trish, I thought of you constantly while we were in the hospital this week. The room next to ours had a woman and her 2 year old--they'd been there a long, long time, and she was bone-weary.

I was going crazy after just four days; it makes me even more thrilled for you to finally be out!!

Have a happy Sunday together :)

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I am so glad to read that things are still going well. I have been away from my computer for a couple of days and I held my breath as I can to your blog. I am so excited. I know that my prayers don't carry sweet Ashley by themselves but I just want you to know that I pray so hard for you, Dave, Ashley, Allie, Blake and your entire family. You are a fighter and an amazing person. Thank you for your strength. It means a lot to me.

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! It is a privilege to pray for you all each day. We love coming to your journal several times a day to check on all of you.

I wish we lived close enough to help you out with the house but we are several states away.

Love in Christ,
Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home