Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/19/2007

Hanging on

This morning began with a hope that she would start to settle, but it has not yet begun. She is still fighting severe nausea and fever. Her skin color is jumping back and forth from hour to hour. Sometimes she looks pretty good, and then the next hour she is white. She has green bile pouring out her nostrils as well as into her ostomy bag and out of her mickey button. She can not stop vomiting. If this is a virus it is a nasty one. She continues to groan and bare down trying to cope with the cramping that is going on inside. She is so tired. Absolutely exhausted from all that has happened since Sunday.

This morning her doctor gave orders to begin and ounce of pedialyte every hour by mouth. We gave her a small drink just trying to test the water. All though her little heart was so happy to have her sippy cup her body has paid the price. She cannot tolerate anything in her tummy. We have drained her stomach of all content through her mickey but she continues to be sick.

We are hanging on here in Longview just waiting to see what they think we should do. I asked her doctor this morning if her believed it was still viral or if she might be in rejection. He still thinks its something viral that has gotten her so ill. At some point in the early morning hours she became overloaded with fluid and we were able to give a dose of Lasix. The lasix woke up her kidneys and she began peeing off the fluid. We are so grateful for that. As long as her kidneys will stay functioning then we will be able to stay. Her vomiting has not lessened up today and actually seems to be worse, but her ostomy output has drastically decreased. Again, we are grateful.

Dave came in on his lunch hour and curled up next to her on the bed and they both rested peacefully. Theres just something about being in her daddy's arms. Since he left she has become very restless again. It is extremely frightening to see just how weak she has become and how very ill she can still get. If this is truly just a viral infection then it is a nasty one. She is battling back ( I think) it is just not easy for her to do.

Please join us as we pray for clarity about staying or going. Our doctor here is in contact with her team of doctors in Omaha and we are trusting that the right descions are being made on her behalf. Thank you for your prayers. Trish

I apologize for the rambling nature of this post. I am just so tired that my thoughts aren't coming out clear. It sounds awful to me as I read it back, but I just can't make sense of my words today. I am also struggling with a very weak internet connection and have lost several of my attempts through the day. I hope you can make sense of some it it.

18 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish - Don't ever feel the need to apologize for your posts. They are all beautifully written and written with such love. You are an amazing mother.

No matter how you feel, you always make time to update. I appreciate that. Praying fervently for precious Ashley and that she will kick this awful bug. Praying for rest and clarity. Praying for the doctors in Longview and Omaha.

Love,
Jule White

 
At 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you at least know her kidneys seem to be okay, and that they were just "thirsty"! That's got to be a huge relief. I'll continue to pray that she kicks this quickly and you don't have to travel anywhere.

Brenda in N E

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger KimberlyDi said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I'm so relieved that her kidneys are working. You be careful to not get sick too.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

Thank you for the faithful updates! We love you and are continually praying.

 
At 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH TRISH, I AM SO SORRY THAT ASHLEY IS SO SICK. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR HER AND YOUR FAMILY CONSTANTLY. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW HARD IT MUST BE FOR YOU TO SEE YOUR SWEET BABY FEELING SO AWFUL.
I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ASHLEY'S STORY FOR QUITE A WHILE BUT HAVE NEVER LEFT A COMMENT, BUT HAVE BEEN PRAYING LIKE CRAZY FOR YOUR SWEET GIRL.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING ASHLEY'S STORY WITH US,IT HAS MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE! THANK YOU DOESN'T SEEM LIKE ENOUGH TO SAY TO SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE SUCH AN IMPACT. GOD HAS USED YOU IN MY LIFE AND FOR THAT I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!

YOUR FAITH IS AMAZING, YOUR FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH YET YOUR LOVE FOR OUR LORD HAS NEVER WAIVERD. MY FRIEND SHARED THIS SITE WITH ME AND I AM SO GLAD SHE DID, I HAVE GROWN SO MUCH IN MY FAITH AND MY PERSONAL WALK WITH THE LORD, I HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE DEEPER, TO TAKE TIME TO ENJOY THE THINGS IN MY LIFE THAT I TOOK FOR GRANTED WITHOUT EVEN REALIZING IT. SO MANY THINGS YOU HAVE SHARED HAVE HIT HOME WITH ME, SO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.:O)

AS I WRITE I AM IN TEARS, THINKING ABOUT YOUR PRECIOUS ASHLEY AND PRAYING WITH ALL MY HEART THAT SHE WILL FEEL BETTER SOON.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

LISA
( MOMMY TO 3 BLESSINGS THAT THE LORD GAVE TO US THROUGH ADOPTION.)

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thankful her kidneys are working, have been praying all day and will continue tonight. God bless you both.

 
At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,

We're praying diligently here in Kalamazoo. We're asking that God will allow you to feel His peace, power, and presence in a fresh way as you care for little Ashley. We'll look forward to the next report.

 
At 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed at the clarity, especially with all you are going through. I am so sorry and pray that by God's mercy she turns a corner soon and starts to get well. Poor dear baby. I wish I could give you all a hug, hold your hands and pray with you. I am praying from here.

 
At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave and Trish,

I am leaving for Russia tomorrow morning so I hate that I won't be able to regulary check in here for the next 10 days. I will pray for you and your little pickle the whole time I'm gone. I look forward to coming home and reading about how she beat this! Take care.

Love,
Scotty

 
At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ash....& for you guys as you discern what is best for Ash. Praying for guidance of the medical staff & of course the GREAT physician. Sorry you are having to see her stuggle & that she is having to endure such a tough time after such a break from all of the trouble.... Praying...

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger ohAmanda said...

Praying. I blogged about you today so more people are lifting Ash up to our Heavenly Father, Jehovah Rapha!

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Trish, you and Ashley and family are in our prayers continously.

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger Damselfly said...

Praying for you...

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger emily said...

Praying...

*HUGS*

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Praying for you guys!

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

I put Ashley on our prayer list at church tonight. So glad her kidneys "woke up" and are working. That is a praise indeed. Bless you for seeing all the praises that are there in the middle of this hard time. Praying that the vomiting stops soon and that y'all are able to stay here. Thank you so much for updating.

 
At 9:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-
You always find time to update even in the midst of trial and chaos. It is so appreciated so we know how to pray for Ashley and your family. Know that you are still in my prayers daily and for Ash to recover quickly.
Shari

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

Each time I open your blog to read your latest post my heart is in my throat. I am praying that Ashley will beat back this virus and you will be able to stay right where you are - near family and your other two wonderful children. Poor Ashley, she is really battling a nasty bug and my heart aches for her. She has such a strong spirit, I know she will climb this mountain too. It is times like this, I wish I had a "magic wand" to wave - but I know God is faithful and good...and he has you and Ashley in his hands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home