Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/29/2007

Rambling



Today Ash went downstairs for 2 CT scans. The first was around 3:30 and we just returned from the second. Her bowel is not moving so the contrast did not work its way through causing us to have to repeat the test. I'm not sure that the second was going to be any different because basically nothing changed in the hours in between. In a way I would like it to show us why the bowel is so ill, but in another way I don't want anything to be wrong. I guess we will wait and see what the report tells us. I'm really proud of our sweet girl. She is being so good. She didn't even fuss except for when we had to pick her up and move her onto the table. Her tummy is still so sore she hates to have to move.

Other than the scans not much happened here in Omaha today. Ash has insomnia and has not been able to sleep. Her eyes just kind of dart around the room for most of the night. She did rest for a couple of hours this morning, but other than that she has been up for most of the day. As I stood next to her bed she reached out and touched my fingers with her tiny hands for brief moments. It made my heart smile. Even though she is the one who is feeling so yucky it was almost as if she were tying to comfort me. I just love this sweet baby.

Back home in Longview Dave was busy putting up Blake's birthday gift. Oh, I wish I could be there to see the look on his face. Its going to be great. Blake is spending the weekend at a friends house and has no idea what his dad and graypa worked on all day. Hopefully Dave will remember to take pictures for me this year and can post the surprise next week. We decided to postpone his birthday party. Dave just can't pull it off by himself. Its a little too much to handle right now. Allie had a soccer game today and scored her first goal of the season. Dave called to tell me right after it happened. We were so proud! He told me she played her best game ever this afternoon and that is saying a lot. I wish I could have been there. After winning the game her grandma took her to the mall and Al said they "shopped till they dropped". The she said, "She really spoils me!" I just laughed at that girl. I miss her so much. She called and asked me to "talk some sense into her Dad" because she thinks she should get to sleep in my spot tonight and watch a movie. I bet he gives in and lets her.

The weekends are so quiet around the hospital and that makes the days drag on and on. Ash and I missed being home and are hoping to be told we can go there soon. I can't wait to be there to tuck those kids into bed again. Its my favorite time of day. Well I feel the need for a diet coke coming on. There's just something about hospitals that make me "need" one. Its a nasty little habit, but I guess it helps me cope.

Thanks for your encouraging words and for spreading the requests for prayer to your families and friends. You have no idea how much it means to me. I know God is listening and is still allowing His plan to unfold in our lives. Have a peaceful night and may He bless you. Trish

13 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for her healing, for answers, for clear direction for doctors, for all of you to be together as a family again. I know they all miss her terribly at home.
So glad to read a new post! I didn't want to turn the computer off and go to bed until I'd heard something from you! Thanks for taking time to update.

 
At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... even sick, she's cute as can be. :) So sorry you're stuck in a hospital on the weekend. It's not so bad if you know you'll be going home soon, but when it's a big question mark... I know they drag on and on. I do hope they figure out something very soon!

Brenda in NE

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Kelli said...

I'll be praying specifically that both you and Ash get the rest you need. I know it's so stinking hard to sleep in that environment.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in hospital for 6 days and start to finish I got 6.5 hours sleep. I'm convinced that was one of the reasons I wasn't healing faster. The doc agreed and got me out of there.

Thank you for continuing to share the needs we can support you in. It is good to know exactly where to direct our prayers.

God Bless.

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all to get some much needed rest tonight. Thank you so much for posting and keeping us updated.

We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!
Lori

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

You have been on my heart all day. I just love seeing the pictures with Ashley's hands resting up behind her head - that has got to be the cutest thing. Bless her heart - she looks so sweet even when she is so sick! I adore you and your family - your heart is so precious - to be able to read and get a glimpse of it through this journal - the love you guys have for your children - WOW! Please know that so many are praying for your entire family! Sunshine

 
At 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie bug.....even in the midst of testing.... (= Trish...drink all the diet cokes your heart desires. Your entitled to that...LOL (=
Prayerful that they will find the problem at hand & that it can be treated promptly .....that she can be healing & return home before acquiring anything else that lurks in the hospital halls during the upcoming flu season.... Praying for God to protect her from any lurking illness... Praying that HE will enable her to return to Longview where she belongs....with her family. So many tears have fallen as I dwell on this battle she has had to endure for two straight years....goodness. Some people in their 90's have less illness in their lifetime than she has dealt with in two short years. I don't want to ask...why? But, it is sad that she has to endure it. I am prayerful that her healing is in the wings.... Praying... Praying.....Oh.....Praying...
S

 
At 10:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Trish, thanks for the pics and updates. We are so thankful for the progress and prayerful over Ashley's need. At the risk of imposing myself on you through this trying time with sweet Ashley could I ask you to please pray for me and my family tonight. I received the news this morning while at work that my mom had passed away at eleven o'clock this morning. I loved her very much and will miss her. Even though she is gone, I can still feel my mom's hugs around me. I still remember what they feel like, so don't forget to hug your Ashley as often as you can. A mother's hugs is not something a daughter soon forgets. Thank you for your prayers and God Bless. Praying for some restful sleep tonight for both you and Ash.

 
At 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for a restful healing night for both you and Ashley. ~Chan~

 
At 11:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to post my name with the 10:31p.m. post. This is to let you know it was me, Judy. Thank you for your prayers.

 
At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you for posting even in the midst of a storm, Trish. You are amazing! We who keep up with your family so appreciate it! I know you miss Dave, Blake, and Allie terribly. I pray you can be together soon.

Also, do you mind if I ask a question? Did the virus that Ash started with cause the rejection that's going on? Or did the rejection cause the nausea, vomiting, etc? I was just curious because I think about her all the time. :)

Know I am praying and loving your family from afar!

Shari

 
At 12:12 AM , Blogger Janet said...

My Texas cousin first told me about Ashley so we could pray. I don't even know if she knows you. I'm a grammy in Calif. whose four out of seven grandkids have been in and out of hospitals often. My little 3 yr. old Jacob just went home yesterday after a week stay due to breathing issues following a virus. I have another grandson with proteus syndrome (Elephant Man's disease)who in his six years has had 9 surgeries. My daughter and I have cried as we read your blog, and have prayed for you all. Your Godly perspective has minitered to us many times. We had a rough week, but yours was harder. Our hospital is close to home, and I'm there to pick up slack so that homeschooling and church activities continue to give the others stability. All of my grandbabies are doing well today. My husband and I pastor a "House of Prayer" and our intercessors are starting a 21 day fast on Monday. We will be remembering you and your family and your precious little angel, Ashley. Thankyou for your powerful example and witness. ....Janet

 
At 12:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying, hoping that you are both getting some rest tonight.

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

She's so beautiful, Trish. And so are you. Enjoy that Diet Coke. It's the small things, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home