Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/20/2007

Settled


We arrived at the hospital around 5:30 and we have now settled our sweet girl in. She is resting comfortably and actually looks better than she has all week. They just finished taking labs and they drew more blood out of her than I have ever seen(26ccs to be exact). They are doing a complete work up looking for answers and solutions. Ash has had it with the whole "poking needles in her vein" thing. She has more holes on her little arms, hands, feet, and ankles than she cares to have. Actually she is so exhausted she isn't even putting up much of a fight anymore.

Why are we here? Good question. I have been trying to answer that myself. I honestly thought we would go in for a little fluid replacement on Sunday evening and be back home by Monday evening. Not so. Flying back to Omaha this week was the farthest thing from my mind(in the beginning), but as the week progressed and Ashley Kate made no turn around it continued to seep into my mind that we could be headed here. On Wednesday morning when our pediatrician suggested the possible transfer I could feel my insides shaking. This morning when I arrived at the hospital I began to clean up Ash's laundry from around the room while her and her daddy were cuddled up together still sleeping. The pile of laundry told the story. She had continued vomiting all night. Once I picked her up I could tell her fever was still there and then I noticed her tummy. Distended. Big red flag. To Omaha we go and so we are here. Is she in rejection? We need to figure that out. Is it just a nasty viral infection? No one knows. We are praying for the latter. We can battle viral infections without this mommy having a complete meltdown. The battle over rejection gives me that shaky feeling inside, but if it comes to that I am sure we can fight that too.

The plan is this. Ash is scheduled to be in the OR tomorrow morning. They will do a biopsy of her bowel as well as place a new central line. Yes, I realize she has only been free of one for 3 weeks, but if you ask her she would say, "Bring it on and stop poking me with those needles!" As always I struggle with her going into the OR, but it is becoming just what we do with our Ashley. Her kidney function has stopped once again. They are very picky these days. This causes me much concern. I would like to be changing big, heavy diapers continuously as opposed to not.

Dave and I are here together and that always gives me strength. Knowing that the Father has not taken His eye off of my littlest daughter for even one moment gives me strength as well. Your prayers give me the strength to stay strong, think positive, and keep going. Thank you for standing in the gap for us. We will be home soon with our sweet Ashley Kate.

26 Comments:

At 7:10 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

I was just checking in and there wasn't an update, then I checked again, and you had just posted one! I was so glad to see it! I am glad you made it safely. Praying for Ashley's OR visit tomorrow. I'm so glad Dave could be there with you. Praying, praying, praying.

 
At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved for you, that you're there, and she's settled. Prayers shall continue...!

Brenda in N E

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

Bless your hearts!!!! Sending prayers!!!

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger HollyMarie said...

I found a link here from manyblessings... am praying for Ashley and all of you!

 
At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are so many things my mind wants to share but no words to form them. Mostly I'm just glad for the post. It's been a long day wondering, though not nearly so long as yours, I know for sure. We have prayed continuously throughout the day (along with many friends) for that which God DOES know and knows how to handle. This post sounds very peaceful even if you feel restless. I am glad that He has taught you how to walk so closely to Him. And sorry for how hard the lessons have often been. You are all in our prayers individually, Ashley, you and Dave, the kids, the Grandmas, your church family and friends, and all of Ashley's medical helpers who have such a personal joy in seeing her well. We're praying rest and answers in the coming hours. Get well, little pickle.

 
At 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that my family and I will be praying for your sweet Ashley Kate - as well as your entire family.

God's Blessings,
Gina from KY

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you arrived safely. Praying for your family, praying that all goes well in OR tomorrow am. God Bless.

 
At 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you have had to return there but glad that your where they are equipped to deal with any obstacle or problem that this might be. Still praying....

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

We will continue to pray - I am SO happy to see a picture of her and SO thankful for the update. Thank you so much for updating and letting us know how best to pray for you! Much love and prayers and hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunshine

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Wow, no matter what I am praying that God will step in and handle this. I know he is capable for sure. I hope you can rest in this Trish. I do know you are human and hurt for your baby, that is your right. I will keep praying fervently, that they find what the problem is so they can fix it.

 
At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty! (I sure don't look that good when I am sick!) Praying for you all.

 
At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you all and praying all day!! Thanks so much for posting. I'm praying for a better night for sweet Ashley and that all goes well in the OR. Can't wait to hear that she is finally feeling better.
Trish, were you able to get any rest last night? I prayed each time I woke up during the night that you all would get the rest you so desperately need.

Love,
Lisa

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying continually and trusting Jesus to pour out His love, care, grace, comfort, wisdom, and healing. Know you have many standing with you in this battle!

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray and check for updates. I don't think you mind, but please let me know if you do... I asked for prayers on my blog with a couple of sweet pics of Ash from your blog. Hopefully that's getting a few more prayers storming the gates up there.

 
At 8:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this tonight. I know you must be so tired. Thank you for posting the picture of her resting so beautifully. I love that picture. It will help me to ask the Father tonight to help her rest that peacefully all night. She looks so beautiful. I am thrilled Dave is with you. Praying and sending best wishes, Pam in CA

 
At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Ashley and her family. I am glad to hear that you guys made it safe and that hopefully some answers will be known so that little Ashley can get to feeling better soon. Praying, Praying, Praying. . .
Take care
~Chan~

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

We are with you in heart here in Georgia. You will get through this too. Our little peanuts are strong! Lean on me when you need to. Gwen

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Thank you for letting us know the latest. So glad you arrived in Omaha safely. The picture is just precious--she's so sweet. I know God will watch over all of you and give you everything you need to get through each minute of each hour of each day. Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So thankful that you arrived safely in Omaha. She looks as precious as ever in this picture. I am sure these last several days have been so very difficult and even more so today.
Your mom called to let me know you were leaving at 12:30 and I let our SS class know immediately and made sure the church knew what was going on. As you know, the Pastor is in Dallas and we are waiting to see if his bone marrow tests turn out well enought that he can go ahead with the stem cell harvest the first part of October.

Just know that Ashley and your family are at the very top of the list of so many who have and will continue to pray for God's healing mercy, as well as, strength, comfort, peace and a clear mind for decision making.
Thank you as always for keeping us updated in the midst of all the turmoil.
Trusting God in all things~~~Janiece

 
At 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are lifting you up in our thoughts and prayers tonight. Thanks so much for the update. I hope you all are able to rest some tonight.

God bless!

 
At 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it safely to Omaha. I am also glad Dave is with you. I will continue praying. That picture of the little pickle tells all. She's not her normal smiling self.

Shari

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Please know that our family is lifting your sweet Ashley and entire family in prayer tonight, and we shall continue to do so.
In Him,
Sarah from Wisconsin

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Connie said...

I'm praying for you and for Ashley. I'm glad you are in Omaha, although I know it's hard to be away from home. It's just good to know she's with a team of doctor's who really know her and know what she's facing. God bless!

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

God's peace on you as you rest tonight, and on your precious girl as she fights this. I pray for wisdom for the doctors and gentleness for everybody who touches her. And of course, for much hope for you tomorrow. Sending love from Dallas.

 
At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying fervently for peace, answers, healing and rest. Praying for the doctors and thanking God for the wisdom and compassion that He blessed them with ~ knowing that He will guide their hands tomorrow in the OR.

Thank you for the beautiful picture. I hope you are ALL able to rest tonight. Holding you close to my heart and continually praying.

Love, Jule White

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Prayers for rest and peace for all of you, and especially for the health of the little pickle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home