Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/20/2009

Camping Out

Not at the lake this time but in the living room between our two girls.

One is on the right and one on the left. Both miserable. With me in the middle. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be at this moment than here in our home with our girls. (Even if the crying is enough to make you crazy!)

Actually, Allison slept better than I had expected her to based on the miserable day she had yesterday. She did get up at least 3 times which is unheard of for her. She sleeps like a rock and never gets up until we drag her out of bed each morning for school. Anyway, I was surprised that she slept as much as she did with her face hurting as much as it is.

Ashley Kate earned the privelage of sleeping sitting up in a car seat for the night. She tends to vomit when she has a cough and I couldn't take another sleepless night of worrying about aspiration from all of this. So we buckled her in for the night and she waved bye-bye to me each time I tended to her thinking we were really taking her somewhere. Silly girl, the only place I intended her to go was to sleep. She too did better than expected. I think the whole sitting up thing was a brilliant idea(it was her dads). Her drainage didn't bother her near as much as it had and she just might find herself buckled in for all of her naps today too.

So today's plan is to stay camped out between my girls and hopefully see them start to improve. Nothing else going on around here. Just a little poison ivy(its not contagious so Ashley Kate is safe) and a pretty yucky chest cold. Oh, yeah all the laundry that I failed to finish yesterday. Other than that were planning on a quiet day. You know how that goes.

Have a great day and take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home