Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/27/2009

Snugglin

Its cold outside. In Texas. They are predicting an ice storm. Now I'm not real sure what that means, but I do know that we Texans don't know how to drive on it no matter what "they" might tell you. Surely it won't compare to the ice we've watched fall from a hospital room window in Omaha. Then again, a little bit of ice in Texas is probably a WHOLE lot more dangerous then the whole lot of ice that falls in Nebraska. Needless to say we are staying home tonight. Yep, thats what were doing.

The kids have already found their "spots" and are snugglin under their favorite blankets. I'm waiting on Dave to come home from the office so I have a partner to snuggle with.Then we are going to pop in a movie and wait on "dads famous chicken and rice"(not really famous except to Blake and Allie who decided to name it that many, many years ago) to be ready. I'm so excited cause I'm not cooking it. Yeah me!!! I hate it that he has to come in from the office and cook, but the kids like it better when he fixes it. I gave them a choice between a dish that he cooks and one that I cook. They chose his and I didn't even have to bribe them. Guess that means I'll be cooking tomorrow.

Ash continues to improve. Her coughing has slowed down, she's breathing easier, and is showing more and more interest in playing. All good signs that she's getting well. Al will be attending school tomorrow. Her face is still red, but no longer swollen. The skin is cracked and peeling but I'm afraid it could be that way for a long time. We are drowning her in moisturizer hoping for a big improvement by morning. Either way she's going.

For now Ash has control of the TV. She has no idea that as soon as dad comes home(in the next hour) that Blue will be banished. The kids are tolerating it for now, but I can feel a mutiny is in the works. Sweet baby has no idea its coming.

Hope your having a nice evening at home. Its my favorite place to be! I'm off to find a sweat shirt and get ready to do a whole lot of nothing. Take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home