Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/21/2009

Guess Where we are?

Ok, you don't have to. Yep, we're in the hospital with pneumonia and RSV. Yeah us!

Originally we thought we were going to give her a blood transfusion, but that has now changed. We're not going to. We are running some IV antibiotics and keeping a close eye on her O2 sats. I took her in this afternoon because her sats were running around 88 at home. In the doctor's office they were still at 88-89. Now that we have been admitted they are 94-96. Go figure. Anyway, I'm glad to know what we are dealing with. Anytime she gets a common cold it has a real good chance of turning into pneumonia. I had hoped it wouldn't, but it did.

So we are being our optimistic selves, living in Dave's land of daisies and rainbows and thinking this is the time we will just have a little pneumonia, a common cold, and get well and be back home in a couple days. Right? Surely this is the time.

Ash is SOOOOOO suppressed we knew she could pick up anything at anytime. Advice from transplant was to live life. It is what it is. Keep a mask on her(which we do), but you can't keep her from being suppressed. If there is a germ lurking about she has a real good chance of picking it up and what is nothing for you and me can be a big something for her.

I had to leave Allie home alone for a few hours today while I took Ash to the doctor and then on to the hospital, but she was so grown up about it. It made me crazy, but to see how well she handled the situation blessed me more than she will ever know. I hate that she is feeling so yucky, but so proud that she has grown up to be so unselfish. Dave's mom came to sit with her for a couple of hours this afternoon, but she leaves town tomorrow. Not sure what I'm gonna do then, but I'm sure I'll figure out something. She may get packed up to go into the office with Dave. I know she'll protest but we can sneak her in the back door and not let anyone see her.

Anyway, Dave is coming up in a few minutes and I'm going home to pack up meds, pumps, TPN, formula, etc. etc. I also need to put Blake's room back together before he comes home tonight(remember I started tearing up closets this morning? You can't even walk into the house!) Then Dave and I will trade places and he will go home with the kids and get Blake to school in the morning. Life is never boring.

Your prayers for Ashley Kate would be greatly appreciated. Our hope is to stay put. Not leave Longview and kick this pneumonia in just a few days. Lets hope it goes that way. Take care guys. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home