Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/11/2011

Too Good to Last:(

Yesterday afternoon we were sitting in her physician's office in Shreveport. "She looks really good. No fevers? No issues? No signs of that line infection, huh?"

"Well, I guess we must have cleared it then. I'll see you guys in a month."

Seriously? A month between appointments is what we have been working toward for an entire year now.

A few hours later... lethargic, trembling, low grade fever, and nausea. I'm not joking. Through the night her fever spiked to 101.8 a must culture number in transplant patients. We took blood to the lab. I'm almost 100% positive its a line infection. I know Ash. I know her textbook symptoms. We are just waiting for growth to start to get some meds called in.

I guess it was just too good to last. She was well for her birthday though and that was a blessing. The heat was hard on her, and we allowed her to call the shots. She went in to cool off when she wanted to and made appearances outside when she wanted too. She's been a little off all week, and I thought she was just tired from all the activity. Maybe she was, and this infection just came up yesterday afternoon. Not sure, but either way its back into battle we go, and that makes my heart sad for Ash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home