Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/31/2007

A Special Gift

Only the Father knew what today would hold for me. He knew before it all seemed to come tumbling down. A disappointment, a broken heart, a search for answers to many questions. Last night I received a very special gift. I didn't know it had come until the early morning hours of today, but I believe it was delivered to me just in time.

The gift was something I had never seen before. It was beautiful and it came with a card that told me it was from a group of women from Christ Community Church. They are praying for me and they made me a prayer shawl. The card went on to tell me that when I wrapped myself in it their prayer was that I would feel God's loving arms holding me and His unconditional love ministering to me. As I put Ash down for a nap today I opened the blinds to watch the snowfall and sat in my chair wrapped in this gift. I felt a peace come over me that I have not felt in a very long time. I cried as I realized how good it felt to know that there are people all over the world praying for my family at any given time of the day. I needed to know that someone was lifting me up and carrying my burdens for a little while. It brought me such comfort. So let me say to those who sent it Thank you from a heart that carries much hurt during this difficult time. Your ministry touched me very deeply and I hope to keep it always so that I might just feel His presence wrapped around me.

"The eternal God is your refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms."
Deuteronomy 33:27

I continue to be blessed by people who God is using to minister to me and my family during this time in our lives. He never fails to send someone my way when I need them. He is taking care of us even when the days seem to be longer than they should be. As I sat wrapped in my prayer shawl it seemed as though His arms were there holding me while I struggled with the distance that has been placed between Dave, Blake, Allie, Ashley and myself.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I know we don't know each other, Trish, but it makes my heart hurt to know that you're hurting so much right now. I'm so sorry that life is so hard, that you're so far away from the rest of your family, and that you're having to be so strong for so long. Sometimes I feel guilty enjoying my family in our own home, knowing you've been separated from yours for such a long time. But I continue to pray for you, knowing that your testimony has done amazing things for His kingdom, and that someday you'll get to see it all. You hang in there--know that there are people all over the world who are hurting with you and for you, and that they're using that to pray even more fervently for you!

I hope tonight brings some little encouragement to lighten your heart. Disappointment just stinks.

 
At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
We have all been praying for you. Also praying that you may get involved with a church here. No matter how hard that may be to put yourself out there. It seems some of the mom's that are here alone if they get involved in a church or church group of women they really find that they get lots of support and don't feel so alone. Alot of us have been praying that you would find that support and that would uplift you.

 
At 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sang a song in choir rehearsal tonight based on this Scripture and it made me think of you. I pray you will find comfort in the promise of this Scripture.
Continually praying...
Kristi Cooper
Psalm 121:1-8 - I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home