Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/22/2008

She looks great

Ash has been off the vent for about 7 hour now and she is looking great. Right now she is sitting up on her own and has been for about 15 minutes. She is completely bored with all of her toys so she began playing with one of the bags connected to her chest tube. I really didn't think that was such a good idea so I took it away from her. Now she is giving me the silent treatment. So to make it up to her I gave her a bucket full of saline syringes. Each syringe is individually plastic wrapped and when she grabs them they make what must be a really super duper cool if your 2 years old crinkly sound. She got them all out one by one and crinkled each. After that she took one syringe and started beating the bucket like a drum. That made me laugh. I think she has worn herself out because she just got a very very not so happy look on her face and I had to go help her lay down. She has used up all the energy her little body could muster.

Thanks for all your love and prayers today. I know it is making a difference for our tiny gherkin.

Goodnight from Omaha,

DAVE

11 Comments:

At 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Well syringes seem like a somewhat odd toy for a 2 year old...LOL....but whatever works right!?! LOL That is so creative Dave! Good job!
So glad to hear it's been 7 hours and she is still doing well!! We have such an awesome GOD! :o))
So nice that you and Trish were able to trade places like you have. I know you both probably needed it.
Thank you VERY much for the updates!
Still praying....always!
~Okla

 
At 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled to hear that Ashley is off the vent. I'm sure Trish is jumping up and down with joy. I hope Ali had a good birthday today and is enjoying her Mommy. I will continue as always to pray for your baby gherkin.
Love you all.
Blessings,
Robin in Florida

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Annie said...

It is so good to hear about her spunk. Thank you, Lord, that she is doing so well. We will continue to pray for her strength.

Annie ~ lovejoelr.blogspot.com

 
At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful words to hear!!! Its good to hear she is up to playing. Still and always praying for Miss Ashley, and mommy and daddy.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Marianne said...

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/baby-pink-camo-t-shirt.htm

Maybe Trish would like this?

 
At 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Ashley!! So pleased to hear of her progress - that strong will and determination are wonderful gifts when recovering and healing. Hope it continues. LA

 
At 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah Ashley!

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I love your little girl's spunk and spirit. Thank you so much for the wonderful updates. I always check on the little pickle's blog before I go to bed. She's constantly in our prayers.
-Sarah in Wisconsin

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Praise God about the vent! I'm thrilled for you. Loved the cute post about the camo, too. :)

blessings!gretchen

 
At 12:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear she did well off the vent today! I will keep praying for her breathing and for her strength to return. Crinkly, noisy things make the best toys (even if they are syringes)! Our kids love boxes...

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

This is such wonderful news that she is doing so good without the vent!! Let Trish know there is NO FAILURE here. I continue to pray that she amazes everyone, including me on rapid recovery and healing. I just love this little girl and pray she will be heading back home soon. I hope Allies party is a celebration of joy and love and hope. You are all together in spirit.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home