Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/22/2008

Sleep? Who needs it!

Well it is now 1:30 and Dave has gone in to the waiting room to look for an available couch to take a little nap on. He finally arrived about 30 minutes ago. His plane from Dallas to Omaha was delayed several times causing him to arrive two and a half hours later than planned. Ash was already sleeping so she has no idea he has come to spend the weekend with her.

I don't think I will sleep tonight. So many, many things running through my mind. I have to be up at 4am anyway so laying down would be kind of pointless. I just jumped out of the shower and still need to dry my hair and empty my purse making sure I don't have any hidden tubes of toothpaste or anything dangerous like that. Dave is just so funny. I told you he makes me laugh every single day. I love that guy and I am so glad he has made it here safely. I decided not to take anything home with me. Only my purse which actually seems kind of pointless to carry now that I realized my debit card was accidentally thrown in the trash with my lunch. I honestly don't know how I could have been so irresponsible, but I was and it is gone. Who knows what I was thinking and how in the world did I not figure it out until 6 hours after the fact? !

Well, I have no idea what I did but the next 3 paragraphs just disappeared from the screen. I guess that means I'm too tired to be blogging. Silly me, I had some really good things to say. I suppose I will just save them for another day. Maybe Saturday or Sunday since I will be running on pure adrenaline and determination until around 11pm tomorrow night. I can't wait to tell you all about Al's birthday.

Hope you all are sleeping by now and hope that you all have a blessed day tomorrow. Thanks for praying for us guys. Take care. Trish

21 Comments:

At 1:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a good flight. And as much as you will be thinking about Ashley, try to enjoy yourself as much as you can and have a great time with your son and daughter. I am sure that they are SUPER EXCITED to see you! Can't wait to hear all about the birthday party! I bet your husband is excited about getting to spend some time with little Ashley. Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 2:33 AM , Blogger The Dean Family said...

Have a safe trip and have a wonderful time. Praying always.
Love,
Angela

 
At 3:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No not sleeping here! Not yet anyway! Now my curiosity is up....what in the world did those 3 paragraphs say? LOL That's okay I can wait. It can only get better right?
Trish, we are praying for you to have a safe flight and a FUN weekend!! Praying for the same for Dave & Ashley too!
Praying Ashley remains stable & all goes well with her extubation tomorrow...Try not to worry too much!
May the Good Lord shower you all with peace, happiness, safety & HEALTH!
~Okla

 
At 3:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I wish you could have seen how huge my eyes got when I saw that picture Dave posted! LOL I am still laughing about that!! You are very lucky! Laughter IS the best medicine!
Stay safe!
~Okla

 
At 4:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was asleep, but when I wake up, I always check on Ashley and you, Sweetheart. It's a grandma thing. God keep you all in the palm of His hand.

Prayer Mom

 
At 5:04 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

Have a safe trip and a WONDERFUL time at the birthday party.
Praying in NY,
Colleen

 
At 5:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying every day and hope that all goes well this weekend with Ashley and Dave. We wish Allie a very happy birthday and hope you will have a good trip home.

God bless you all and may angels guard your travels.
Kay

 
At 6:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you should be in the air by now is everything is going right this morning...no fog or bad weather that is. Praying for you this weekend and especially for Allie's birthday to be all that and some. I know you will have a blessed time just by being present. Praying for Dave today, that he was able to get a little sleep and that Ashley and he will have a wonderful weekend. Praying that all of her health issues will go smoothly while you are away. God Bless and enjoy your time in Longview!

 
At 6:21 AM , Blogger HennHouse said...

Praying...

Won't it be fabulous in a few years to post about the plans for Ashley's birthday party?!

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Just little ole me said...

Praying for safe travels, a wonderful party and a successful removal from the vent.

 
At 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Dave made it okay. I hope that you two got to spend some nice time together before you had to start you long journey. I will continue to pray that everything this weekend goes exactly how you want it to. You all deserve it. I am praying for you. God Bless...Leigh Ann

 
At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always praying for your family nd will continue for as long as you need us. I love you all.
Blessings,
Robin in Florida

 
At 8:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be exciting about now in Texas!..We are praying all directions here in central IL
Can't wait to hear about the events!

 
At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish best wishes for Als B-Day you are one of the best moms I know. May God continue to keep Dave and Ashley, while your out making your daughters birthday the BEST. God Bless you and keep you. From Omaha with lots of love and pray.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Betsy McK said...

Praying for you as you travel to be with your son and daughter on her BIG day, that you will arrive safely and your time with them will be blessed.
Also praying that Ash and her Daddy will have a grand time and that she will do beautifully on her extubation. I hope you have one spunky little monkey waiting for you when you return.
Can't wait to hear all about Allie B-day party, enjoy yourself you deserve it.

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying for rest during the flight (because it sounds like you will need it!) and an awesome day for Allie! Yay 10! I wonder if she even slept last night? Have a great weekend! All of you!

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Tink said...

Have a Great weekend.Can't wait to see picture's of the party!!
Brightest Blessings to ALL...

 
At 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and hope you get some rest before all the festivities begin! Dave, hope you and the little pickle have a great daddy-daughter weekend! Will be praying for all of you.

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Monique said...

Hope your trip home has been an easy one and Happy Birthday to Allie! Hope you and she have a GREAT time. I am sure Ashley will love the Daddy time.

 
At 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Traveiling mercies, I flew from Tx, to San francisco last night, hope you dont have any delays. I hate flying more then anything and both flights were pretty smooth.

 
At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good flight. Oh and regarding your debit card? I have done that...twice. yeah...my husband thinks I am losing it! LOL! Have fun at Allie's party! I can't wait to hear all about it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home