Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/02/2011

16

Back to Back Weekend 2 run Homers! We were so blessed for you!


Blake,
16 years ago this morning, at 6:03 a.m. you came into our lives and your Dad and I were forever changed. Immediately from your very first breath you began to make us better people than we had ever been before.

I remember those moments like they took place yesterday. I saw in your face all that I had ever wanted and yet never knew existed until that day.

You are so much more than our son. Every day I learn more and more about the person God has created you to be and every day I love you more because of who you are. I have watched you grow up while I sat in the front row of your life (lucky me I have a season ticket and it will never expire:) and I have cheered for you, prayed for you, cried for you, laughed with you, and enjoyed you. What a game! The best one I've ever had the privilege of being a part of.

Last night as Dad and I drove away from the pond we laughed so hard as we remembered the many times you and your friends have spent down at that pond. Those crazy camp outs have given us some of our best memories with you, and I know they have created some of your best memories with the guys. What a great group of friends you have! You are truly blessed.

When I think of all the reasons I love you the way that I do Blake its hard to put into words to you this morning just how much I appreciate who you are. I not only love you, but I LIKE you. If you weren't my son, I would still want to know you. I think that speaks the loudest to your dad and I. We like who you are. I once heard that if you parent right the day will come when your children choose to be more than just your child. They will choose you as one of their friends. Oh, Blake! how blessed we feel to be your friends. I don't know if I really believe that we did anything right, but I do believe that God broke the mold when you were created. There aren't too many young men out there like you. You are a prize. One to be treasured. As you continue to grow we pray that God will protect and bring to you the one He has chosen just for you.

Blake, I am so thankful for you. I watch you in your role as the big brother in our home and my heart smiles. You have been given such a responsibility to those two little girls and you have taken it seriously since the day they came home to you. You love them fiercely. I love that about you! You are protective over them and proud of them. I have so many images in my heart that I will cherish for a lifetime of you with them. Quiet moments in our home like when I find you sitting next to Allie on her bed helping her through an Algebra assignment or when I discover you fast asleep next to our littlest blessing in that tiny bed of hers. A smile on her face and one in your heart as you both find rest. There are loud moments too. I love those just as much.

What do I love the most about you? I love that your loyal to those you love. I love that you are kind. I love that you are fun. I love that you are a leader. I love that you simply could care less what others think about you. You are who you are and that is enough. I love that! I love that you are protective. I love that you laugh. You laugh hard and laugh often. Just like your dad. I love that you are thoughtful. I love that you are determined. I love that you have BIG dreams. Why dream if not to chase the big ones? I love that about you. I love that you are full of joy. I really love that about you. I love that you work hard. I love that you play even harder. I love that you think of me. I love that you pray for Ashley Kate. I love that you love baseball. If you didn't love it then we wouldn't love it either. I love that you surround yourself with good people. Quality young people who are driven to be their best. I love that you take time every day to show Ash that she is important to you. I love that you want for her life to never end and for her to never hurt again. I love that you take on junior high boys to stand up for you sister. I love that you are not afraid to let them know they have to get through you to get to her. It makes my heart smile. I love that you believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself then no one else will either and you taught me that lesson. I love that you have inside jokes with you dad that no one else gets and no else needs to get. I just get to enjoy the laughter spilling out from both of you in those moments. Its enough for me. I love you. All of you. Every single part.

This morning Blake I want to encourage you to stay on the path you are on. Keep being who you are. Continue to work hard. Take time to laugh. Love with your whole heart. Seek His ways. Don't waste a moment of your life on things that don't matter. Remember where you come from. Don't hesitate to come to us on the good and the bad days. You are safe here. You are loved. You are appreciated.

Happy 16th birthday. Make it a day to remember and don't eat too much of cheesecake before you take the field. Looking forward to spending this day with you and watching you do what you love the most. Hit another one kid! Dad and I will be in the stands cheering for you today and everyday for the rest of our lives. Thanks for making me a mom and giving me the season ticket to the game of your life. I love you. Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home