Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/16/2012

Sweetest moments,,,

...of my day:

Tiny, little hands, so soft reaching out to hold onto mine.  Her skin is still so incredibly soft and sweet.

Encouraging emails from blog readers who have grown to love my big kids as much as my little.

Giggles and laughter bursting out of her insides as we played "roller coaster" together.

Laying across my big girls bed and just watching her as she did homework.  She's so very beautiful especially when shes not trying to be.

Hearing the pat, pat, pat of her little hands on the seat next to her as the big brother walks through the room. She LOVES for him to sit next to her.  Absolutely loves it.

Lunch with Dave in our home at our own table.  Seeing him in the middle of the day is just a bonus in my life.

Watching Blake put down his SAT study guide to take time to color with Ashley Kate.  Blessed my heart to watch my 17 year old take time to color.

A thoughtful gift from a dear friend brought by for no other reason than to make my Allie smile.

Staring at the reflection of the Christmas lights in the glass on the french doors.  Its one of my favorite things in the world.  Very favorite things.

The stillness.  The quiet morning that surrounded me with no other sounds than the breathing of my little girl. The sound of her breaths is the sweetest sound I've ever heard.

Laughing with my Allie at the dumbest thing.  It just cracked us up.

Blake going to the freshman game tonight and video taping it so Allie didn't have to miss it.  I love that kid.

The promise that Dave kept from the lunch hour to take Ash on a ride as soon as he got home tonight.  She "talked" about that much anticipated drive all afternoon.

Life is unpredictable.  Troubles arise when I least expect them to.  Tears sting my eyes from day to day.  Still I can't help but take notice at how very, very blessed I am.  This life is filled with the sweetest moments.  Blessings.  Gifts.  All undeserved but so appreciated.

It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home