Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/27/2006

Prayers for Baby Skyler

I really have no idea what is going on across the hall from Ashley's room, but I know that Baby Skyler is in there and there are a lot of people working on him. I can see that he is back on the ventilator and it doesn't look like a normal night in the PICU for him. I am asking each of you who may wake and see this post sometime tonight to please, please pray for God's protection to surrround this beautiful, baby boy. His mommy has the most beautiful smile and the sweetest most sincere voice you have ever heard. She is so faithful to ask me how my Ashley is each and every evening when she comes to visit and she assures me they are praying for Ash. How unselfish she is to spend part of her prayer time on my daughter when I know how fragile her son is. I am praying for him tonight and asking the Father to touch his tiny body with His healing hands. I know there is a plan for all of the children and families who "live" here on this floor in the hospital.
As more and more people come to know my Ashley's story and visit her journal each day I am touched beyond what words I can describe by their kind words and sincere prayers for my baby. Oh what I have learned about the goodness in people through my precious babies life. How thankful I am that He is teaching me to look around and realize what is truly important in this life. People are important. Souls that are hurting and struggling in their day to day lives are so very important to Him and they must become equally as important to me. To see others and to love others as He loves them is life changing. To appreciate the good that they have to offer and to be able to look past the bad and not place a judgement on someone who may be walking a difficult road is so important. If only I could love them all with the love of Christ. If only I could show them the miracle of Ashley's life and the testimony that her every breath tells of Him. I am not the same person I was before my Ashley was born. I am changed and I pray that I will remain changed. How I love Him for allowing me to love this little girl. How I praise Him for creating her to be exactly who she is. If we were not traveling this road with our Ashley we would have lost so much. I am so glad He called me and choose me to be her mommy.

9 Comments:

At 12:37 AM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

Trish,

I am up and I am praying for baby Skylar and for Ashley. Thank you for sharing these sweet people's stories. I may not know them, but I've come to care very deeply for them. And thanks for sharing Ashley. She has touched me in way I can't begin to describe here. What an amazing calling she has been given! I am so glad you share her with us.

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

It's Nikki. I'll figure this out eventually.

 
At 1:37 AM , Blogger Mississippi Girl said...

Praying for you and your family and sweet baby girl. I have a baby girl that is just about the same age as your Ashley. Hope things will get better for her soon!
Jennifer R.

 
At 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Skylar & his family today....& you, Ash, & your family too. Hope & pray that today is better for both parties. (= That some progress will be made with Ash to remove the vent...or be a step closer to that.

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm here by way of Sarah, In the Midst of It. I'm her mom. I will commit to pray for you, your sweet family, and for the other children you are surrounded with. When Sarah and Pace were in the hospital with Addison, part of what made it all so overwhelming was being aware of all the hurt around them, the fears, the worry. So I will be faithfully praying for all of you. I dont need to know every name. He knows each of them well.

 
At 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your sweet baby girl, with all my heart.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Katy said...

Trish, your family and sweet baby girl are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks to Sarah from "In the Midst of it" for posting your blog on hers. May the Lord bless you today!

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Here's praying for a good day for you and Ashley. I know how you must long to have Ashley back to her old self again....she will come back to you soon. All that you are going through right now is so difficult I know, and the days seem to go on forever....but just remember that it will be only like a blink of an eye when you look at the lifetime you have ahead with Ashley and the rest of your family. Much love and prayers.

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today, I prayed for you and little Ashley. I know it is hard for you to see your daughter go through so much. I understand my daughter when she was little had to undergo two eye muscle surgeries and my heart ached to see her have to undergo so much. She is now 19 yrs and can see; which amazes every opthamologist who do her eye exams! Because when she covers one eye or the other she can't see, but with both eyes she can! Only God could do something that awesome!
When my son was born through emergency c-section, his left leg was dislocated(his little feet were up by his ears)and he had to wear a soft orthopedic brace for the first 6 weeks of his life. He is now 13 years old and walks and runs just fine!
At the time, it was hard as a mamma to watch, but now I look back and see God's faithfulness and gentleness. I pray that you and your family will have that same presence of our Heavely and Loving Father in the hospital and back home! God bless you and know He is right there holding you all in His Mighty Hands!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home