Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/26/2007

My Heart Sings!

This morning my heart sings and my eyes fill with tears. I cry today not out of desperation or fear or longing or despair. I cry today because as I woke I am reminded how truly wonderful my life is. How blessed I have been. I pray I will never forget to pause long enough to see how He has given me more, so much more than I would have ever dreamed.

I think today will be a good day for my sweet Ashley. This morning we woke to a new day. Feeling refreshed and well rested in our new room. Last night Ash and I were allowed to move to the other end of the PICU. The rooms are larger, they are nicer, they are more private, and much more comfortable. We both slept very well. It is so quiet and peaceful in here. I closed my eyes and just became still. Still enough to listen. Still enough to just rest in the knowledge that He is still with us. How thankful I am He knew my hearts desire was to be moved to this end and He gave it to us. It was such a blessing.

This morning Ashley had her chest drain removed. I was very proud of her. She is so very tough. It was painful for her, but she made it and now she is one tube free. What a good feeling this is to see reminders of such a difficult night begin to disappear. In some ways I would like to forget the events of that night, but in other ways it reminds me of His goodness, His grace, and His mercy. She could have been lost that night, but He chose to allow her to stay. Thank you Father. My heart sings with joy each time I look in her crib and see her sleeping so peaceful.

I held her for a while this morning and she seemed so comforted by my touch. I know she is getting better and stronger. My arms ached to hold her for so many days and now I hate to put her down to let her rest. I would hold her forever if she would allow me to.

As I look around our room and see pictures of my precious children I long to be with them. I miss being there mom so very much and my tears fall. As quickly as I begin to cry, I also smile with the knowledge that He chose me to be their mom. Of all the girls in the world He allowed me to love them. Allie will be cheering in Dallas this weekend and Blake will have his first baseball practice of the season. They are both so excited, and this makes my heart sing.

So today I have a song in my heart and I am feeling so blessed. Please remember to pray for our friend Lexie as they travel to Dallas today to see a new team of doctors. Also sweet Ginny is in need of your prayers. She is still with us, but they don't expect her to stay long. Thank you for coming to Ashley's Story today. You have blessed me with your presence here. Love, Trish

7 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger Krista said...

I am so excited for both of you to be in peace so you can get some much needed rest. I Pray today you will have a better day spending quality time together rocking at some point. Praying for Ginny and Lexie.

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger Staci Barham said...

I am very excited to hear in your words how your Heart sings today...I will be praying that you have these feelings all day!! Praying for Ashley to continue on getting those lines out of her one by one and getting better. I am also praying for Ginny and Lexie...may God be with them both each step of the way.
Praying for Allie as she goes to another competition this weekend and for Blake as he starts his practice for the sport that he LOVES!! Staci

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news & that you were able to rest. Continued prayers for all of Ash's friends there & Lexie here in Texas. I stopped by Peek a Boo Kangeroo today & the owner wondered if you ever got a package she sent. She said that it was back when you first got the apartment & might have been the day Ash was discharged. I told her I would ask. She sent it to the hospital. She just wanted to be sure it made its way to you. If anything is to be mailed do you want it to go to the hospital or the apartment? Let me know somehow if you will..... I was thinking you have said the apartment but have forgotten. Thanks Trish.... you are a constant source of inspiration to all who visit this site. Which considering your journey....is amazing (even in this storm)....we see God at work in you & through you. Praying for a rain storm of blessings for you & Ash today. (=
Hugs!! (=

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

Praise the Lord! His mercies are indeed new every morning! Good news is wonderful to hear.

 
At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you are in a more comfortable setting and that Ashley is having a good day. I'm so glad she was able to have the chest tube removed... i know she will be much more comfortable without it. I am praying today for Ginny and her family.

 
At 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish, I'm so happy to hear you got to move to the new, bigger room. Had to happen in God's time, right? Also so thankful to get the good report on Ash. Praying that the remainder of your time there is finding her better and better. Gotta run and get the kiddos from school. I'm excited about Blake getting to have his practice this weekend, too. I know he's more than ready. :) Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Paige said...

I am so very excited to hear that Ashley's chest tube has been removed, and that she did so well for it. What a brave and amazing girl you have there! I pray that your time holding Ashley will grow each day. It is so good for both of you. God bless you both! Ginny and Lexie and their families are in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home