Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/27/2007

A new day

I love it when the sun comes up each morning. A new day full of promise, yesterday is gone and I don't need to worry about tomorrow. Today will be enough. It will hold all that He plans, and Ash and I will take it a little piece at a time. I am excited to see what she will be up for today. She looks better and better each day. I am amazed when I look over at her and see the potential that she has. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm the one He chose to be her mom.

Tomorrow is our friend Kiley's 1st birthday and she is having a party here in the PICU. I am going to sneak out during Ash's afternoon nap and go pick up her gift. I think Kiley looks good. She too has come off of the vent and now her Mommy and Daddy get to pick her up and hold her all they would like. I am so excited for them. I wish Ash could attend the party but she will just have to wave from the doorway because both of our girls are in isolation.

Ash is playing a little more each day. Last night she began smiling and laughing once again and I have to tell you it is just what I needed. Yesterday was tough and emotional for all of us here at the PICU. I am so thankful that Ash felt like being held and wanted to play last night. It was wonderful. This afternoon I hope to get a mat in here and play with her on the floor with her "giant" dinosaur she got from her Aunt Kathy. It likes to roar just like they do!

Dave and Allie are in Dallas preparing to go on the floor around 1:00. He keeps threatening me that he is going to do her "zig, zag crazy buns". There is no way he could pull that hair do off. I begged him to just let Kristi or Regina do it. I hope he listens to me. Al actually wanted him to do it for her. I told her I just didn't think it was a good idea. I will be anxiously waiting to see the pictures tonight. He was so excited to have a weekend with just the two of them. I love this guy. There aren't too many dads who would be excited about sitting through 100's of cheer squads all performing to deafening music routines. He just jumps in with all the moms and acts like its the only place in the world he would want to be. I can't wait to hear all about their trip.

Blake is on cloud 900! Baseball starts tomorrow. What would we do without it? This kid lives to play the game. We are more than blessed to be on the Tarheels. It is such a great group of families and we love it. I wish I could be there to watch him. Ash and I love to sit at every practice and watch him play. He promised to "hit the ball to Omaha!" for us so I am watching out the window.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support. The weekend will be long as we wait to see what will happen with Ash's feeding situation. I hoped that there would be a different option than the G-J because it obviously doesn't work, but during rounds they seemed convinced that this is all we can do. I am really going to have to pray about this. I appreciate each of you who chose to come to Ashley's story today. You mean so much to me. Have a terrific day and enjoy your families. Take care. Trish

4 Comments:

At 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you and Ash and continuing to pray for Ginny's family. I know the next few days/weeks will be difficult for them, but I'm thankful that they have the Lord to lean on and all the many prayers going up for them. I'm so thankful that today comes to you with a better, more cheerful outlook. I know the days are very hard around there and I see you doing a beautiful job of keeping your composure and learning and growing through it all. Trish, you truly do amaze me and I agree wholeheartedly with Dave that you are an amazing woman! God has blessed you with strength beyond measure and a heart to share it with others. I'm happy and proud to be your mom-in-law. Hang in there, stand strong and we'll keep "praying you through". Wish I could be there to give Ash a huge squeeze. It's been so long since I've gotten to hold her and I long for the day to get to do it again. Sending lots of love and hugs and kisses your way! Grandma P S Blake and Cason are having a great time. Did Blake tell you that he went "swimming"? Crazy boy; doesn't he even know it's winter time? ha ha

 
At 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Ash! Hope Everyone has a great weekend! Hope that's it's full of peace and comfort and uneventful! Hugs from Alabama!!!!! Thank you Lord for your strength and mercy!

 
At 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I have been following and praying for Ash, you, David, Blake, and Alli for these several past months (actually every since you let me know that you would be adopting a baby)! My goodness, what a long ordeal that you have been through. God did indeed choose the right family to bring into Ashley's life and I'm so thankful for your love and devotion, what a testimony to everyone that logs in and reads the journey that you have been on. I may have moved far away, but I have not forgotten to lift you all up to the Lord each day. Wish I could be there to see Alli do her thing in cheerleading and Blake hit that homoerun, but I can see them in my heart.
I love you Trish, tell everyone I said hello.

 
At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign my name.
Deena Bourne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home