Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/10/2010

One morning last week...

...I opened up the car to find my front windshield, dash, steering wheel and both windows covered in pink sticky notes. Before I even read one word I was smiling. From ear to ear.

Dave had spent his early morning hour before leaving for the office writing notes for me to find. He then stuck them all over the inside of my car to let me know he was thinking of me and how much he loves our life. The notes covered events of our last 17 years together, silly things our toddlers used to say, major events in their lives and ours, and sweet things he holds in his heart. I collected each sticky note and laughed at some of the words written, cried over a few, and smiled the whole time I was driving to my destination. What a wonderful way to start the day!

When I picked Allie up from school she saw the stack of notes and a beautiful smile crossed her face. "Daddy is so funny!"

"Yes, he is and I hope the man you marry is too. He makes me laugh every single day and that's why life with him is so fun."

She spent the drive home reading the words her dad wrote to me and she giggled the whole way.

I won't forget that drive home with her anytime soon. Not only did he make my day, but he also made hers. Watching her out of the corner of my eye and filling in the stories to those memories she was too young to remember is something I hope to always remember.

To say that Dave dislikes Valentine's day is an understatement. He thinks it is a hallmark/candy company/florists conspiracy. I guess after all of these years I kind of agree with him. Its silly that we "have" to express our love for each other on this particular day of the year. In his world of rainbows and daisies he believes we should let the people in our lives know that they are loved every single day not just on this day. =)

I don't expect much on Valentines day. Oh, sure he will acknowledge the day because you know the whole world "HAS" to, but I much prefer his way of letting me know each and every day how much he loves our life together. You know, things like his heart poured out on pink sticky notes covering my entire windshield on any random day of the year.

I REALLY love this guy and even more than that I REALLY like him too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home