Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/08/2010

What's happening around our house?

Ashley Kate is busy reading...




... standing ... giggling ...






... stepping and working and...


other good stuff.

Like learning to lick crackers and liking it. I know, sounds crazy, but its actually a HUGE step toward learning how to eat. She now enjoys holding a cracker(instead of throwing it across the room) and running her toungue all around it to taste. She won't bite it, but she will tolerate the tasting of it and is actually enjoying it a little. We are so encouraged!


Allison Brooke is...



looking forward to her twelfth birthday. Two weeks from today. She's helping me plan a slumber party for all her friends. Trust me when I tell you it will be crazy! Her list of birthday wishes cracks me up, but I'm not surprised by that cause she pretty much keeps us laughing non-stop. Her natural beauty steals my breath away(she will kill me for using this photo with her messy hair, but I LOVE her sparkly eyes and shining smile! She always looks more beautiful to me when she's not "trying"). Her sense of humor and silly grin reminds me of her daddy and since he happens to be my favorite person in the whole world it blesses my heart that she is so like him. Basketball season was a huge success and soccer season starts any day now. She is so stinking athletic! I'm super proud of this girl and I love her more and more each and every day.


Blake is...




spending more and more of his free time with this young lady. She's incredibly sweet, really beautiful, and makes him smile. A lot. He has really grown up. Quickly. Too quickly! I still remember the toddler that beat on the back door all morning long begging to play in the sand box(he would have lived out there in that silly thing if I would have allowed it). The teen years have arrived and I'm learning how to parent him all over again. Its an adventure into the land of first girlfriends, BUSY social calendars, and curfews. Baseball practices have started up(can you hear the hallelujah chorus in the back ground?). The first tournament is just two weeks away and we are thrilled about watching him play ball again. He is super busy with friends. He continues to be an awesome kid and I'm so proud of who he is. I just love this guy!


Dave and I are happy. Blessed. Grateful. Our schedules pretty much involve the chauffeuring of the kids from place to place. We are back in our office. Not all of it is complete and there are still contractors coming and going but we are working again. Praise God! We love our life and are very, very content to be in this place and in this season. Its such a blessing for life to feel so normal again. I know it may not last forever, but for now normal is the most beautiful thing. So that's what is happening around our house. Hope your homes are just as "busy" or just as "not busy" as you like them. God is good and we are all so blessed. Have a great day. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home