Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/05/2010

Champions

After 82 and 1/2 hours of hard work, conditioning, and practice, after 12 wins and 1 loss(who we came back and won against just last week) my girls fought for and won the District Championship last night. It was a LONG day. It was filled with ups and downs. It was not handed to them. They had to work for it. It was not easy and I knew it wouldn't be, but in the end with tears of joy in our eyes and bruises all over their bodies they walked away as champions. It was so exciting!

To say that I am proud of this group of girls is an understatement. I am more than proud. They have given so much to this team. Hours and hours of conditioning practices paid off. They never slowed down. They never complained. They had worked for that moment and it was there for the taking. In my last huddle I encouraged them to not slow down, not give up, not let it slip through their fingers. They deserved the win and all they had to do was stay the course. I cried as I watched my Allison cry tears of joy. It was so emotional. When you work that hard for something and then it is actually yours the emotions are overwhelming. On the ride home Allie said, "I've never cried for joy before. It was so weird, but I just couldn't help it." That made me smile.

So what do we do now that our season is over? Well...I buy groceries(can you hear the cheers from the crowd?), I cook dinners again(more cheers), and I spend time with my baby. Yep, that sounds pretty good to me. I've missed her so much the last 4 months, but I've been SO blessed with the hours the Lord has given me to spend with and invest in my Allison. I wouldn't trade this time with her for anything and I'll never forget the memories we've made together. It was fun. More than fun.

Congratulations girls! You are the DISTRICT CHAMPIONS of 2010! You worked hard, you played well, and you deserve it. The memories that we made together will last a long, long time. Thanks for being such an awesome group of young ladies. I'm going to miss you. Guess what? NO PRACTICE next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home