Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/09/2010

Work with me...please!


C'mon...could she give me something to work with...PLEASE!

Her birthday wish list? It goes a little something like this:

1. A battery. Are you kidding me?

2. A remote controlled car. Allison, you ARE a young lady. A beautiful girl on the verge of your teenage years. Are you SURE you want a remote controlled car? For your 12th birthday?

3. A new Napolean Dynamite DVD. It is her ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE. Our current copy is scratched and she is desperate to have a shiny, non scratched copy of the movie.

4. A Clue board game. Where in the world did she come up with this one? She's never even played the game. I couldn't figure it out so I inquired. Her math teacher happens to have four sets of the game in her classroom. Problem being only the Logic students are allowed to play them. Allie won't take Logic until next year and waiting a whole year to get her hands on that game to see what its all about is killing her. Hence her need to place it on her wish list.

Now I know all of these things are pefectly "ok" to purchase as birthday gifts, but I can assure you NONE of them would have made it on the list I had in mind for her. So...I'm still just as lost as I was before I asked her for her wishes. Guess I'll be branching out on my own to find the perfect gift for my 12 year old beauty. Her dad is taking care of the battery and the car. Her brother is taking care of the DVD. That leaves me the Clue game. I've got to do a little better than that!

Still I'm having fun planning and purchasing the decorations, props, and other fixings for her party. At least I'm getting to do that. Its not a total loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home