Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/08/2007

Dear Daddy, Blake and Allie

I am feeling a little better every day. Mommy and I miss you guys very, very much. I want to come home so we can read my new Blue's Clues Book. Ms. Brenda (my new friend) brought it to me. I like to look at the pictures with Mommy. I can sit up now because my tummy is feeling better. I gave mommy a high five today so she would quit asking me. She is making me crazy. I don't really feel like playing that much, but I do just to make her happy. She sang me a silly song this morning that made me smile(a little bit). I held mommy all day and rocked her so she would not be sad. It makes her feel better when I hold her. I moved in to my new room and I like it a lot. It is very quiet and very dark so mommy and I can sleep a lot better. I also have a big T.V. to watch Blue on and this is making me very happy. Mommy hung pictures of you guys on my wall so I can see you every day. I love you and I want to come home soon. Please pray that my new organs will feel better so we can come back. Allie, give daddy xmo's for me tonight. Blake, rip daddy's glasses off his face so he won't forget me. Daddy, make sure Blake and Allie know how much our mom misses them and loves them. Night, night. Love, Ashley Kate


8 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Now that is a survivor's determination! My little girl, Matilyn, was born with gastroschisis back in 2005 and she has that same resilience that I see in Ashley, so I know it well. ;) An anonymous friend left a message on my blog asking me to pray for your sweet girl tonight. You can believe that I am and will continue to be praying for all of you.

 
At 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post. Ash, you look fabulous to me. Thank you for taking the time to write to me, Blake and Allie. They are asleep right now, but I will let them see you and your letter to us tomorrow. You look great, keep fighting and you will be home soon.

I LOVE YOU LITTLE GHERKIN,

XMO XMO

DAD

 
At 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
What a sweet letter!! It is sure to make them smile!!!
It is so WONDERFUL to see Ashley sitting up and looking at her book!!! Praise the Lord! Praying for good results tommorrow.
Sleep well in your new room. :o)
Love,
Lisa

 
At 1:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Dad was so very pleased when he read the letter you wrote to him, and to Blake and Allie. Those two will be delighted when they read it and they get to see you looking at your new book. You are just sooo cute.
I know they are sad that you aren't home with them but they are being so brave for you.

It is so nice of you to hold and rock your mommy to console her. I know that makes her so very happy.

There are many of us who continue to pray for you and your mommy and your whole family. Praying that the angry bowel will calm down and that the rejection has stopped ~~~Praying that God's will be done in your little/young life. I pray that you both get a good nights' rest in your new room.

We are all waiting with your mom to get the results from the biopsy. Stay strong and keep up the good fight.

Still looking to Jesus for that miracle~~~complete healing.

Much love and hugs~~~Miss Janiece

 
At 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the post baby Gherkin.I am sooooo glad to see you feeling better.I love you so much.Get better soon.:>)


love blake

 
At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, I hope you feel better soon. I miss you and can't wait until you get home.

Love,

Allie

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish-What determination! She is so cute! Love the pink you put her in all the time. Ashley looks beautiful! I could just squeeze her!

Take care!

Shari

 
At 12:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad book!

great video

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home