Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/09/2007

Looking for the Blessings

I will not hide the fact that it has been a frightening and difficult time for me, but this morning I have found myself at peace with what is happening and I am able to look past this and find the blessings that surround us.

The biggest blessing is that my tough little one IS stable. She is much stronger than she was last year at this time and you would be PROUD to see how she is holding on. Her vitals are strong. Her blood pressure is amazingly strong and the fact that God is protecting her does not escape me.

She is losing a lot of blood and her bowel is very ill, but she is not in pain. She does not cry or moan or grunt. She looks comfortable while she sleeps. I realize she is weak and anemic, but she is not struggling and for this I am thankful. To see her hurt kills me inside.


Her labs looked better. Her h and h did not drop as quickly as it had been. She is currently not receiving a transfusion. This is the first hour since we arrived here on the floor that someone else's blood has not been running into her veins. I think that is progress. I can't express how grateful I am for all those who donate blood. You have saved my sweet girl's life and you are loved. We will not check again until 12:00.

This room is a huge blessing. Quiet, peaceful, dark for her to rest in. I am so grateful.

For diet coke and cheerios I am thankful! They have become my staples during this stay. Thanks Holly for restocking me. I love ya!

Thank you for praying for us this morning. I am feeling at peace and I am gaining a little more stability. I know it is a direct result of the many prayers being said. For sticking it out with us and choosing to walk along side of us I thank you. I know it is difficult. Expecting to hear great news and then being let down. The emotional twists and turns, but oh what joy I hope you have been a part of when God's hand reaches down and pulls her through. It is exhausting and I appreciate your faithfulness. Somehow I hope you are blessed as much as you bless us.

I am going to lay down for a little while. I will share what I know when I know it. Thank you again. We are still blessed.



(As I showered this morning I almost cried because I was so grateful to have that shower. It is the best shower I have had in weeks! Plenty of hot water, lots of room, great water pressure, and no one pounding on the door trying to get in. I couldn't thank the Father enough for that shower. Privacy is a beautiful thing! All I need now is a couple of really good towels and I might think I was on vacation (thinking positive again!).

17 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

It is awesome to me that you are able to concentrate on your blessings in the midst of this storm. I can only hope that I would handul such stress with grace and dignity as you do! Our prayers will continue throughout the day! Our God is awesome! Praying for your nap - that you are able to sleep well and wake up refreshed. Praise God for privacy and uninterrupted showers!! Much love and prayers!

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger KM said...

I know that many of us have never met your family. Most likely we won't ever meet this side of Heaven.

I do want to say thanks for keeping us posted...and sharing your emotions and this journey with us. I am personally blessed by reading this blog, praying for your family, and looking for the blessings.

I hope you get a deep, peaceful rest.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Mrs. Hany said...

one of your many many prayer lurkers, just wanted you to know you have a whole group of people in Bloomington, IL praying for your sweet baby and your entire family. Praying for a restful day.
Much Love, Kirsten

 
At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for all blessings, great or small. And thank you for updating us as much as you do. It gives us direction with our prayers and we look forward to God's working hand in this.~ TM in WV

 
At 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're hoping you have a comfortable chair/bed for your self too!
Love and prayers,
Heidi

 
At 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you bless me. And I was afraid to go to bed last night, with her bleeding so profusely, so I am so very thankful that today she is hanging in there and maybe even improving!

Thank you, Lord!

 
At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I was close enough to bring you those towels. I will pray that God will send them to you!
Praying...

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

Hot shower and privacy too. I am asking God to send someone out there to bring you a couple of soft and oh so fluffy towels to bring joy to your showers. Through all of the ups and downs over the last couple of days, one word keeps speaking to my heart, REST. I am so thankful God is answering prayers for the two of you to get His restoring rest. Take this time of waiting to catch up on as much as you can and it is a great diversion while you wait. I love Ashley and I am so glad she appears comfortable and her little body is getting a lot of rest. And it looks like she may not be clawing herself as much, as her hands look free in the book picture!! I kept wanting to reach in and adjust the book for her so it would stay open!
Love you Trish and continue to rest in the hands of our Father. He is a great comfort to the weary.

Now, will someone please get this mommy some soft and fluffy towels?:) She has earned them!!
Love and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish so much that there was more practically that could be done to help you through all of this. Then I think how that feeling is amplified ten fold for you and Dave and it makes it hard to know what to even say. It's not that I feel I MUST say anything. I guess just like everyone else, I want you to know you're supported, that your questions and fears don't go un-prayed for, and that I too, appreciate the blessing that is Ashley so very much. Our prayers continue for God's strength. It is the only way through this.

 
At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a post of a different kind. BRENDA from NE. Please contact me.
Heidi -
nausetbeach@snet.net
I need the name of a nice nearby restaurant to deliver lunch to Trish.
Trish, I know you aren't asking for anything but prayers. I would like to do more. We are mothers and we need to take care of each other too!
I'm not good at investigating, so if someone could tell me the name and town of a nice place for some food, I'll do the ordering! :)

 
At 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.

And I am PRAISING Him for privacy and that she is not in pain! That has always been the hardest part to read.

 
At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your sweet Ashley are both amazing!

Prayers and blessings!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Hey Trish,
I am here to check on you both this morning and sounds pretty good! I will pray specifically today about the bleeding bowel. Man it sure sounds scarey but you are hanging in there I know it is definately because of the Lord. I wish you were not all alone there, but am thankful you have a release in the blogging. I love the updates and check ALOT so keep them coming!
I am praying for you sweet sister in Christ.

 
At 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the most precious sprirt!!! Thank you for your testimony of Christ in you the hope of glory!! You are in my prayers throughout the whole day!!

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying things are better by now and that the bleeding has stopped. So glad you have your own shower! Get some rest.

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Keri said...

I'm so glad to know that regardless of the fact that her bowel is sick, Ashley is not in pain, and is able to rest. That is worth so much joy, right there! And I love that God has blessed you with the ability to look at your blessings when it is so much easier to look at all the negatives. I'm sure your positive attitude during this time has a tremendous effect on Ashley, probably even more than you could ever know.

And believe me when I say that yes, I, for one, am GREATLY blessed by partaking in the privelege of knowing your sweet family and lifting you all up in prayer. I can't articulate what it means to me, but just know that sharing this part of your life with you -- even though we're really "strangers" to each other -- is adding a spiritual depth to my life that I know God is using for His glory. Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you, for letting us all in to your world!

Still praying...

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Brad and Emily said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. Even though we've never met, I feel as though we know you and your family. We prayer for you all often, and we rejoice with you even in the small blessings! Your faith is an incredible testimony to us all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home